1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sprint and T-Mobile Finally Merge

Discussion in 'Economy' started by ethics, Apr 29, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Not sure what this will mean for Tmob and Sprint customers but there you go. Big 4 is now big 3.

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I recently switched four family phones from AT&T to T-Mobile because of a great unlimited deal with a discount through work. Yes, it will be interesting.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I HAD tmob, it was good (not great) and you can't beat the price. Now I have VZ and the family plan is almost double the amount.

4. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

We've been with TM since we moved to Oklahoma, about 6 years now. They've got a new military plan that we're signing up for that will be a nice perk for the kids. For rural areas like where we are, this should be a big boost as far as towers/bandwidth. We actually have a site booster here at the house because we're right on the fringe of a couple of towers.

5. Arc

Arc Full Member

The merger will result in a drive via lower prices in some form to draw from VZW. Then predictively VZW will offer some lower options to retain their existing customers and get new ones. Be ready. I've been with VZW and through trickery, rewards for being with them so long, and wireless provider wars I "functionally" have as a single line user unlimited data on an iPhone 7 plus with 256k storage. My monthly bill for that is $85. (Back in about 2012 I got a free iPhone 5 from them, just had to pay sales tax.)

One thing...in my experience going back to 1998 Sprint, the Corporation, has always screwed up or fallen clearly short in a variety of important areas that I was aware.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Of course, there is always AT&T. Ugh. YMMV.

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

I have VZW, too, on a special plan that doesn't include voice calling. It suits my needs well.