1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spore

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by joseftu, Sep 7, 2008.

1. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Anyone else going to give it a try? I'm installing now!

Will post a review after I've given it whirl.

2. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

I finally installed it after having all those problem, but never had time to play.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

It's out?

4. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

5. ethics

Oh, you mean the character builder.

6. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

The full game was released today.

7. ethics

:eek:
    :eek:

8. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

lol yes, and I'm still not ready with my charactor.

9. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Of course if you want to take it with you:

http://investor.ea.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=88189&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1194127&highlight=

10. joseftu

Full game, not the creature creator--installed with no problems (on a Macbook Pro), and I just played through the first (cell) stage of evolution. Seems very fun so far, but just as I was picking out legs to become a land creature, my battery died! :(

11. ethics

Heh. I am more interested how the playability and fun factor is AFTER you create your kiddo.

12. joseftu

Oh--I should have been clear. I did play a whole level. You have to be a cell before you can have legs!

So I played the whole cell level (which is very fast)--it's pretty fun and very simple.

Then I had to start with a new critter after my battery died, so I don't really know what would be the implications if I stayed with that cell.

But it's actually pretty fun. I'm not sure how much staying power it's going to have. My land creature has made several other species extinct, got a jump toward sentience (can now hunt in small packs), and is ready to migrate. Then I quit to get some work done.

I do tend to lose interest in this "kind" of game--WoW couldn't hold me for very long. But it's definitely cool-looking. I'm looking forward to seeing how the critters do when released to live on their own.

13. LissaKay

LissaKay Oh ... Really???

Fiance is playing it now.

I fear that I will be quite lonely for the next few days, or weeks ....

:blank: *sigh*

14. mikeky

mikeky Member

My son installed it last night; he seemed to be enjoying it a lot, no install problems or crashes so far.

15. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Between this and D3, I am toast. My wife will have me excommunicated from the family.

16. Domh

Domh Full Member

I am seriously concerned about D3. I expect a beheading, burning at stake etc.

It'll be worth it.

:happy:

17. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Oh so worth it!!!

18. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

well that is going to be a game you start and forget what time it is :D. Like I need another one of those. Though it was funny in guild chat last night, I mentioned that I had a new way to waste a lot of time and someone piped up with "Spore?" That is never a good sign.

Only a couple of hiccups for my install but not bad. Overall I am really liking the game

19. joseftu

Maybe this is typical...

I'm a pinko, half-a-pacifist, bleeding-heart, latte-drinking, Park Slope, ivory tower, liberal.

What's my creature in Spore? 100% carnivore, exterminates other species and tribes whenever possible, hasn't found a single friend or ally in the game, would rather fight than anything else!
    :)

20. Domh

Domh Full Member

So you named it Barack, naturally... ;)