1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splinter Cell

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Domh, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Domh

Domh Full Member

Well, I got it yesterday and will be playing my heart out tonight after work... UNTIL my darling lady gets home, of course! ;)

OXMs highest rating ever! Looks to be some serious sneaky fun.

:thumbsup:

2. Domh

Domh Full Member

HOLY CRAP!

This game is so much fun its almost stupid. The hoopla is more than justified.

Ive never had my heart in my throat like this playing a video game.

Example - Im hiding in a shadow keeping still, guy with a large weapon walks RIGHT by me, stops, looks all around, hes going to notice me crouching less than 2 feet from him any second, but...

*POP*

One in the head and down he goes - gotta hide that body fast, I hear somebody calling for him... wait, his buddies running my way! I gotta think fast - I drop the body in the corner and jump up, pushing off one wall, then the next to get even higher, and grabbing a pipe - quickly pulling my legs up JUST as the second guy comes and finds his dead partner! Hes looking all around, but not up here, thankfully... but he has called for reinforcements!

This game is serious fun.

:thumbsup:

3. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

I hope you took his walkie talkie and weapon with you . . .

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Oh man, I think I am going to get it now...

BTW, thanks to Frodo and you for keeping us game junkies informed. I trust personal opinions of people like you than the magazines which are paid under the table to "review" the games.

5. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

don't forget the wallet. Never forget the wallet. ;)

What consoles is the game on?

Your welcome. I hope we help you out some.

6. Domh

Domh Full Member

Splinter Cell is XBOX exclusive until early next year.

;)

7. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

I just downloaded and played the PC Demo. It's amazing. I love it...:)

8. ethics

Oh thanks for the link!

Bastage!

9. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Splinter Cell Demo

10. ethics

Thank you!

11. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Dammit, now I'm going to have to buy it. My wife bought me Halo for Christmas after I gave her a list of possibles with Splinter Cell at the top of the list. Halo is good enough in its own right, but dammit... Splinter Cell looks too good to miss.

12. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

ethics: I just get everything from http://www.3dgamers.com/

13. Domh

Domh Full Member

Im almost done with Splinter Cell - its been a great ridem but as with all games that are great, could be much longer.

Word is that there will be more missions available for download via Xboxlive, I think that perhaps the Official Xbox Magazine will offer them as well, though not sure as ofering them via Xbox Live will get some more folks online and signed up.

It is a FANTASTIC game. Make sure to play it on hard, its not that much harder than the normal setting.

Replayability is certainly there - its possible, though I would say it will be almost IMpossible, to sneak through the entire game!

Cop - how far have you gotten with HALO? It is, in my opinion, the best game ever made on any platform.

;)

14. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I don't know how far I've gotten because I have never played it before and don't have a frame of reference. I'm at the point where the monitor shows back up the second time and argues with your cyber-girl... Like 2 or 3 levels after you blow up the 3 power generators. Right after re-entering the ship and fighting to the bridge.

My favorite game on the X-Box so far has been Operation: Desert Storm. It's insane fun, only like you say of Splinter Cell, too short. Only about 15 hours of hard gameplay to beat it. But there's nothing like lining up a sniper shot and letting the round fly and watching the blood mist out of the guy's head as he does an endo from the bullet impact. You've got to get creative with your combat tactics also, like low-crawling up on armor and planting a C4 charge that you were supposed to use to kill the Scuds, because you're fresh out of LAWs since you had to use 4 of them when they kept bouncing off the last tank you killed. So then you have to chuck a bunch of grenades in order to disable the Scuds.