1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spending bill now headed for Trump's desk!!!

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Susan Addams, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Unregistered User

... where of course Trump is not an idiot and will sign it and the government funding crisis is now averted.

The number is $1.3 trillion. Word is that it had so many pages that absolutely nobody read the whole thing. Trump is not an idiot and he won't read it either. He wouldn't be able to read the whole thing before maybe middle of next week if he put his full time on it.

Oh, and yes, the Millennial generation just took another one up their asses.

And now finally, we get to test my theory that it was the budget uncertainty that was causing the stock market unrest. I'm willing to go out on a limb. I've already put my money where my mouth is.

If the market starts going up later today when it opens then I was right that it was the budget causing the fidget. If the market continues down then I was wrong about that.

This post was written and the news came down on Fox News at about 5 a.m. Washington time. I'll see y'all at 9:30 a.m. when the opening bell rings. Will it go up or will it go down? Just noting that Amazon continued down in after market hours and reached my Monday price and then some. But that was before they inked the budget. Obviously I'll have to be here for the bell. It's too bad if there is a really good buying opportunity and a buy signal because I won't be able to move more money into my trading account before mid-day Monday. The possible bargain basement price won't be there by the time Monday rolls around. You would think they would have EFT but they just don't.

ETA:

Yes that's right, here's my becoming all too frequent ETA. I just checked out futures and word is that the rattlesnake that's scaring the cows is rising trade tensions between the United States and China. So if I was wrong then I think that's what it is. Might be what it is. It's getting late on the left coast and I can barely see my computer. — Trump is coming down on China and if they back off and the market rises then that's the signal that it was trading tension with China. The problem I have is that my crystal ball doesn't work any better than anybody else's.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  2. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Unregistered User

Well I'm astonished to discover that Trump is not going to sign the bill without considering it first. At this point nobody but Trump knows what he will do. (And his confidantes.)

Go figure. Maybe Trump sees passing the tab to the Millennials is not such a good idea, or any of the many other flaws in the spending bill.

He may announce he is signing the bill with reservations and why, or he may announce he is not signing the bill.

A news conference is coming right up.