1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spell checker for Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by bruzzes, Jan 4, 2003.

1. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Well he has really done it!
    Many of you know vampiro from the other site.
    Back in Jan 2001, we attempted to add a spellchecker to Outlook Express. By default, there is no spellchecker in Outlook Express unless one has the Microsoft officeware programs. Having Microsoft Word or one of its equivalents automatically installs it in OE. For those of us who do not have those programs and cannot afford to purchase them, vampiro's program installs a workable and free spellchecker.

After install, it will show up when you create mail to send. (In the Menu bar)

Prior to the complete and automatic setup at the below link, we had to download various files, replace existing files make registry changes and generally had to do a lot of manual modifications.

Actually, I cannot take any credit for his program, but I was the first to work with him in the thread blindly trying this and that until we finally got it to work. The following program is an automatic install and takes seconds to implement.

I am so excited for him, and hope you enjoy this added feature.

http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

2. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Good for him!!! I can't wait to turn all my friends and family onto it. Great work ;)