1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sounds scare me....

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Misu, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Is there any way to turn off the automatic "scare the shit out of anyone who reads this post" sound thingie???

I know people are spending site dollars on music and whatnot, but I listen to internet radio, and I play it kind of loud, so when I stumble across one of these posts, I suddenly get blasted with some scary sounding music and it scares me. HELP!!!

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Uhm, what sound?

3. IamZed

IamZed ...

This sounds annoying. I have seen people link sound files in their post signatures. Is it something like that? Can you shoot us an example post?

4. ethics

Yah, please. My sound is off and this forum certainly doesn't have any sounds. :)

5. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

I'm with you, Misu! I don't care for it.

The first time I heard it here was when I clicked on your thread <u>here</u> - and I know damn well you didn't put it there...

6. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Here it is ethics...

http://home.attbi.com/~rockotman/timeclip.mp3">...well you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...</a><bgsound

Looks like rockotman is the culprit!!

*found by viewing source...*

BDD... :{)

7. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

No shit! LOL!!! I had to give it a whirl myself. Gosh, maybe I'll just add a .wav of a rotor decay alert to every post of mine--of course, that would likely only scare the piss out of me.

SM

8. ethics

Ahhhhh... Now I hear it.

I can't make him turn it off, but I am sure he will if he knew about the problems people are having.

9. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

That is too freakin funny acutally !!!!

You can turn off posting signature by :

USERCP/EDIT OPTIONS/Show user's signatures in their posts? change option to no and save changes.

I've tested this and it works. It's a workaround but turns off all posting sigs.

10. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

How about someone just sending him a PM that it is very annoying.

11. immortal one

immortal one 501st Geronimo

Sounds are ok, but they would seem to use a hell of a lot of bandwidth...especially if everyone started linking to a favorite song of theirs.

Are sounds really needed in threads and posts?

12. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

I like Pink Floyd but I guess I can understand why some might find the wav (or any wav) annoying.

Interesting concept actually because one can reply to a post with a wave file recording of how they feel. Ohhhh the possiblities are endless ! ROFL

I'm curious to see how a thread would act if multiple posters attached different waves to their posting sigs. Would it be .wav mayhem or would they play in order?

Sounds like something I could find myself tinkering with in the test forum just out of curiosity.

I give Rocketman an A for creativity even though it appears his effort isn't being received as well as he/she likely had hoped.

I will not pollute active threads with .wav posting tags so do not fear. I am however curious and will test this sometime this weekend.

13. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I didn't know you could add a song to your sig. I thought it was something you could buy at the site store with your bucks. Didn't mean to put rockotman on the spot - I didn't know it was because of his sig. I just thought people were buying sounds for topics. Scared the crap out of me the first time I pulled up a thread with it. lol

14. ethics

Nah, the store only gives you a chance to play your sound of choice when someone is looking at your profile, no where else.