1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SWTOR] Some SWTOR Updates

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Oct 28, 2015.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I'm still poking around in LOTRO, a game which has a major advantage for me in that it has a native Mac client. However, there have been rumblings about the improvements to SWTOR as a result of release 4.0 as well as the new expansion, Knights of the Fallen Empire. Several of the gamers on dslreports have dipped back in, trying to form a guild on Ebon Hawk on the Republic side.

Some improvements mentioned:

• Reverted to the old KOTOR style for conversations
    • Level sync: If you go to a planet that is meant for levels 20-25 and are 32, you will be downleveled to 25. Works other way around. Go in a level 60 flashpoint and you will be upgraded to level 60 temporarily (though you won't get the abilities you are missing).
    • Companions leveling alongside you and don't need gear
    • Legacy perks (can be unlocked at different levels, and can also be bought using cartel coins, which you can buy with real money, but you do need to reach certain levels to unlock)
      • Reduced the quick travel timer from 6min to 0s
      • GTN/cargo/mail terminals in your personal ship
      • Unlimited respecs in the field without having to visit a trainer
      • Ability to use speeder I/II/III skills earlier

There's an Amazon bundle available for $40 that includes all of the expansions, including the new one, three months of playing time, and 2400 cartel coins.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2249809822&pf_rd_i=desktop

And finally, this article on kotaku:

Star Wars: The Old Republic Now Feels More Like A Classic BioWare RPG

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wish this had a Mac client

ethics likes this.
  3. SixofNine

Big time.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yep, this is a make or break it for me.

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd really like to get back into this one too, Wildstar has nothing much new to do other than raid or high level stuff, and LOTRO is pissing me off with the transfer delays combined with the Mac client memory crashes I see in Rohan, coupled with the U17 crashes every one else is seeing in the update Tuesday

6. SixofNine

I have everything installed on the homestead's desktop gaming PC, but I have to fight the 13-year-old for time.

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Will be testing out on my Mac shortly using the new Parallels V11 on Windows 7.

Still downloading........

I have no idea what characters I have where, it's been like 3 years or more since I last logged in.

Had to jump through flaming hoops to rip out my old security key app as it expired and wouldn't open on my phone any longer.

ethics likes this.
  8. SixofNine

I think I had to completely replace the security key app, too. And I think only subscribers can use it, too.

9. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Love this game. Have a number of characters on The Harbinger on both sides. Holler if anyone wants to get together

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have one lowly Gunslinger/Smuggler on Harbinger and the rest of my brood is on Ebon Hawk.

The security app works ok for just a cheapskate Freep like me so far.

My biggest problem aside from having no idea how to play again, is getting my settings tweaked so that my mouse spin isn't a billion MPH and a happy medium between Parallels screen resolution and the game not going pink-screen

11. SixofNine

I have a consular on Ebon Hawke.

12. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

How's the game run on Parallels?

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So far, I have no major complaints, the only place I see lag is running around inside my own ship which is weird, otherwise out in the world it goes pretty smooth. *some* mouse lag is rare now and then as well but nothing that's gotten me killed so far.

I gave my parallels VM a ton of memory (@28GB.. I have 32GB in this beast :p ) and maxed out the vid card mem @ 1024MB too, also running it in gaming mode.

I hear the fan spin up in my iMac at times but no more louder than when I run LOTRO in the Mac client.
    I've spent the better part of the day running around on a few planets now and not one crash or hiccup.

ethics likes this.
  14. SixofNine

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Man. Im only still on chapter 2

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To be fair. I got distracted. I went back to tatooine and found a quest I thought i missed in the past. 20 quests later im still running around saying to myself " holy crap theres a lot of new content!"
    (Im lvl 37 now in a 26ish area)
    Im going to get back on track tonight and only work on my storyline saga again.