1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some PUNDering

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Dec 18, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

The human brain may operate in a default or day-dreaming mode, some researchers believe, and when its owner is not otherwise preoccupied with something important, the default network is apt to involve itself "in remembering past events, mulling over information, and thinking about the future," <a href="v">Reuters reports.</a>

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

My brain has a screen saver installed. I see the little guy on the island.

3. valgore

valgore Veteran Member

yeah no shit! my brain is very mean to me, I mean I remeber stupid shit I did 20 years ago and think man what an idiot I was. am I the only one that does this? maybe I have a problem because I'm sure some of the shit I remember was long forgotten by everybody else. :)

4. Coriolis

Coriolis Bob's your uncle

Great topic Ethics, but bad link.

I have a feeling I understand this all too well. Sometimes my brain goes into "Screen Saver" mode (usually when sitting on train or bus with no newspaper or paperback) and just cycles the same thought or image over and over again. But mostly it's some stupid radio jingle or dumb pop song. Why is it that this only happens with crap music?

This is what fascinates me most about meditation -- which I don't do in any structured sense -- but how can one empty their mind when the mind apparently needs to be cycling at all times? Meditiation would not work for me because I know I'd start thinking about my taxes, or the rain gutters, or the .... :nut:

5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

You mean like <A HREF="http://sherm.20megsfree.com/burgerking.swf">Ding, fries are done</A>? LOL:p

6. Coriolis

Coriolis Bob's your uncle

Yeah, just like that!.... Ahhhh.... You SOB! :haha:

7. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

No you're not the only one to do this Valgore. And you are right, most of the time others that were connected with the incidents you recall have forgotten them. Move on man. Forget it , because if its hanging you up then it is shit and shit is best forgotten. :)

I had trouble with that link tool ethics.:(