1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Republicans are not anti-illegals because...

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Jul 19, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I didn't know that the Republicans were anti-illegal at all. It's been my impression that the party is anti-give 'em everything on a silver platter. Although, with all the press given to the extreme elements of both parties, it's pretty hard to tell these days who stands for what now.

Allene and ethics like this.
  3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The fact that most just want them to follow the rules and get in line and immigrate here legally like everyone else who has had to for the last ~100+ years makes them anti-illegal... oh, and racist because people who crawl under fences or sneak across oceans in cargo containers to bypass immigration laws are a race.

Allene and ethics like this.
  4. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I'm still trying to resolve the two positions of leftists...

- Illegals are only doing the jobs that other people don't want to do.
    - There are no jobs so we need to give welfare to inner city people.

I have another idea... Let's kick out the illegals and let the inner city people do those jobs. And if they don't want to, then stop giving them welfare. They will soon want to. What? I'm heartless? No... I believe in empowering people with employment, with a healthy national economy, with a purpose to their lives other than sitting around a parking lot begging and drinking Old English 800.

Idle hands are the devil's playground. That is all.

5. Allene

Allene Registered User

I also believe in empowering people, but we cannot do anything about the current mess until we secure the southern border. Does anybody know why the National Guard hasn't been sent down there yet? The way things are now, anybody can cross there, including Middle Eastern terrorists. Watching that drama unfold is like having a nightmare while I'm still awake.

6. Greg

Greg Full Member

I think the RINOs are trying to cater to the illegal immigrants and their sympathizers by adopting a semi-liberal platform, hoping the symps will vote Republican instead of Democrat.

I'm with everybody else. My position is secure the borders FIRST, and then everything else is on the table. But there is nothing to discuss until the borders are secure.

Particularly in the light of the increasing waves of child illegal immigration, some of them MS-13 cadre. And how many terrorists are sneaking in under this guise? None? A few? We don't know?

7. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

I got told on another forum that it's wrong to point out that people followed the rules 100 years ago, because the rules then were just to show up, and we'd let you in. Given that I've seen my great-grandfather's manumission documents, I find that hard to believe, but there you go.

ethics likes this.
  8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes it's amazing how many have no idea how many people came through Ellis Island, and how proactive Immigration standards were back then.

The bolded last part is exactly what everyone who thinks that all illegals should be able to just climb over/under a fence and stay here is allowing to occur at this very minute.

9. Allene

Allene Registered User

Jeepers! You don't even have to go back 100 years for an example that they DID enforce immigration laws. I came in the late 1960s. I had to do plenty more than show up, and except for an interview with an obnoxious immigration lawyer, I respected their rules and expectations for me. Now we are on the brink of anarchy, and these idiots are trying their best to hasten the process.

10. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

In the meantime they're losing elections not because they're not sucking up enough "moderate" voters, but because they're losing their base vote. So many people are sick of gay marriage being an election topic, and fiscal sanity NOT being an election topic.

I'm just glad I live in Texas.

11. dsl987

dsl987 Member

You mean the "other" New Mexico?

12. Greg

Greg Full Member

I gave up on gay marriage long ago. I decided to become a social liberal and a fiscal conservative. Let gay people fuck or marry, I don't care. As long as I'm not required to watch. What I care about is what's happening to our economy -- I'm a fiscal conservative.

Anybody can fuck elephants or donkeys as far as I care, I just don't want our economy driven off a cliff.