1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, Lusitania DID Carry Ammunition

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Apr 24, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Right. So much propaganda. Not excusing civilian cruise ships but in the context of what happened, it's nice to know that our Western leaders didn't think twice about sacrificing civies.

4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

As far as endangering the civvies I am not sure it was dangerous unless the cargo was revealed. Rifle ammunition such as was on board is not explosive. So the danger was the enemy targeting because of the ammo. I would discount any claim from Germans of the era claiming they knew it and that is the reason it was sunk. That response would be as automatic as the Brits claiming it was a harmless civilian liner.

5. Greg

Greg Full Member

There is no such thing as civilians. They're called collateral damage.

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

The Germans didn't waste much time worrying about the people on the passenger ferry they torpedoed between Cape Breton and Newfoundland during World War II.

7. Greg

Greg Full Member

I doubt the Germans worried any about any ship they torpedoed. Worst case, it's target practice.

What's scary, I see the same mentality developing in the Middle East, Obama playing Nevile Chamberlain. All they need is their Hitler and the world is ready for WW III. Main difference, this time it's both the Jews and the Christians. And we have better weaponry. Them too, soon.