1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smart Drugs...

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Sep 14, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Allene likes this.
  2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

There is a "brain supplement" advertised which was "discovered in jellyfish". How many of you are continually wondering at the brilliant mind capabilities of the jellyfish?

Allene likes this.
  3. ethics

4. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

It's all snake oil, so I refuse to buy anything that could "enhance my life just by taking this pill" without a lot of science behind it, not some internet quack's mumbo-jumbo.

5. Allene

Allene Registered User

Just go for a walk. It fixes a lot of things.

ethics likes this.
  6. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

I stumbled across 2 of these medications a few years ago. One makes you smarter but must be taken in the morning. One increases your memory 100 fold but must be taken in the evening.
    You guessed it... I think I took the morning pill in the evening and the evening pill in the morning...

I can't remember what I did wrong and am too dumb to figure it out...

BDD

Allene, ethics and Arc like this.
  7. MemphisMark

The only way taking a long walk will fix my problems is if I started walking to Montana.

Allene likes this.
  8. ethics

She's not wrong. There's a lot of mind to body connections and the longer the walk the more you can shed the toxicity. It's been my go-to of therapy during tough times.

Allene likes this.
  9. MemphisMark

I don’t disagree, I just need to run 1,000+ miles from where I live to get away from my problems.

Allene and ethics like this.
  10. ethics

11. MemphisMark

I routinely walk 3+ miles on the weekends. No music, a bit of podcasts. Just me and my thoughts.

I have no personal car right now, and my work van is GPS tracked. It phones home every time I start it, wherever I go and if I go too fast. Starting it on days off is a big no-no. To top it all off, the public transportation in Memphis can suck a bowling ball through a coffee straw.

So I have a loop I walk with a granny cart. Walgreens, Lowe's, Kroger and a few other places. In the summer time when it hits 350 degrees (heat index is 450) I have to carry a lot of liquids with me and stop a lot to rest and cool down.

Allene likes this.
  12. ethics

Hey you are doing it. Good luck. I hope things turn for the better for you.

13. Allene

Allene Registered User

What Leon said! I can identify re walking in the heat and humidity. I lived in Virginia and North Carolina from 1978 until 1983.

14. MemphisMark

You keep this "being nice and supportive" shit up, you're going to lose your Asshole Card...:rolf-53:

ethics likes this.