1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[IMPORTANT] Site updates

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Will be updating the forum software sometime this week. Shouldn't take long at all.

In addition, cPanel has finally incorporated the OWASP modsecurity rules in their package. I'm currently running a stand alone version of this, and will be doing some work under the hood to convert to cPanel's version.

The advantages to this are two fold. The biggest advantage will be regular updates during the automated cPanel updates. This is a good thing. The second advantage will be the ability with a single click, to report false positives back to OWASP that assists them in creating a much better product. This has been something that's been lacking with the modsecurity rule set for a very long time.

Unfortunately, with this comes 2-3 months of fine tuning again. So expect some hiccups when I get the switch finished. I'll be monitoring the logs very closely and hopefully there'll be fewer growing pains once it's in place.
  2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Going to update the software in a few.

Edit -- All done with the forum upgrade. Still have the security stuff to do, but that'll be done most likely tomorrow.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015