1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site Outages

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Oct 28, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Something on the East Coast again. I am no network guru but this forum is not the only one that is experiencing this bs.

Hopefully something is done soon.
  2. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Why Ethics I was surprised at your post at the Hamster site.

Pathetic? LOL

Seems a number of clients were impacted by the outage.

Don't know when you went down but I tried at 0700 and the forum was down.

It's almost 0800 and it appears I'm first to wander back in.
  3. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

LOL And I thought I could not get access because I changed my gray scale to that CS thingy. WHEW LOL ALso, I tried to IM ethics from the old DSL site. It said he has not been online in 2 weeks, so that feature is disabled. OOPS>
  4. ethics

Oh man, was I pissed.

It wasn't just the database though, my control panel also was down. So if IP were moved or something or other, I couldn't do ANYthing about it.

JaguarPC seems to be screwing many people and I've been following other outages of other servers. Hence my nasty post there.
  5. ethics

ethics was deleted/removed from BBR site.
  6. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

It wasn't nasty Ethics.

However I did sense you were rather *aggravated* about the situation.

How long was it down?
  7. ethics

Well, if you said 8AM, I would say at least 4 hours.

I'd be fired if one of my people were down 4 hours.
  8. pupowski

pupowski Banned

I was unable to reach the site from the West Coast for at least three hours.
  9. ethics

Yes, I am very sorry folks.

Was awoken at 5AM by my internal pages for the site and I have tried hard to come down on the people responsible.

If you thought my post at aletiahosting was tough, you should have seen my email (I managed to still keep it professional. :)).
  10. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

When I was unable to reach this site for several hours, I sent you an email at the address the 'error message' indicated, asking if this was something on my machine or yours, as I didn't understand what it was trying to tell my dumbass.
    You kindly took the time to respond, informing me that it was not me, and should be cleared up soon.
    Thank you, sir.

(Now, please pay attention, as this is very likely the first and only time you will EVER see this GD thing from ME!)

Thanks, again.
  11. ethics

LOL! No problem, I sent an email to a few folks who wrote. :)
  12. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

ROFL I love that banana guy.