1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoot or Don't Shoot?

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by SixofNine, Jun 23, 2018.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I'd have shot. And I would not blame the deputy for shooting on hearing that sound.

3. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

I would have made that idiot take the Room Temperature Challenge.

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Bingo. Moron is lucky to be alive as I'd have immediately emptied the magazine into him.

5. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Indeed.

6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

THere's no video. Someone shot.

7. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Click through to the article and watch the video there.

Deputy on a traffic stop. Has the driver get out. Driver's hands are both behind his back. You can clearly hear the driver rack the slide on a semi-auto pistol. Deputy doesn't shoot.

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Thanks. I can't say what I would do. I'd have to evaluate what I had for breakfast, my mood, and myriad of other emotional things from the recent past, etc...

9. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Thankfully, the officer survived the encounter... this time. Sadly, the young officers of today feel that their every move is scrutinized and criticized and, because of this, they hesitate to take action. Administrations too willing to sacrifice an officer for political gain, false claims by various groups of wrong doing on the part of the officer, Monday morning quarterbacking by news media and groups with an agenda, etc... When action is survival, hesitation is a killer. I'm very fortunate in the fact that I earned my retirement and no longer have to deal with these situations. My life is more important than political correctness. In this instance, there would have been a shit storm of lead flying down range. Justified shoot...

BDD

ethics, MemphisMark and Allene like this.