1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[LOTRO] Server Mergers/transfers

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Jul 27, 2015.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

"Manage Plugins!!!!!" Is this akin to add-ons in WoW?

My two characters are still on Nimrodel. I'll probably just fart around to see how well the game runs on this MBP. I chose the option to let the game decide the optimal graphics setting.

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes, but ive never used plugins that way. I put in my custom UIs manually.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

What do you need plugins for, Brian?

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

6. SixofNine

The only plugin that I would be interested in is the one that tells me whether I suck or not, e.g., how much damage or healing that I'm doing in a group.

The screenshot shows what pieces of the game that I already have. It looks like if I dive in that Helm's Deep would be the next expansion for me. I have 31000 points, and I could buy Helm's Deep for 4300.

By the way, it looks like server transfers are on hold at the moment? But everybody will be heading to Landrovel?

Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 5.03.53 PM.png

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

you most likely have a lot of leveling before you hit helms deep. :p

Yes they are still testing transfers with the test server, and Landy looks like Im ending up since Ethics is already there.

8. SixofNine

World Transfer Status Update 8-26-2015
    First I want to thank everyone who participated in the initial transfers that occurred last week. Due to some unrelated connection issues we had to turn of the service after only a short couple days and before we could really kick off US transfers, but in that time we received a lot of data that will help us improve the service even more. If you attempted a transfer last week and encountered any issues, please open a ticket with Customer Support and they should be able to help you out.

We are releaseing a patch this morning with the improvements and at that time we will open up the service for 48 hours for the 5 Remaining US worlds: Arkenstone, Crickhollow, Landroval, Gladden and Brandywine (off world only) to shuffle among themselves. The service will then be turned off again Friday morning as we assess the data and wait for some of the new hardware effort to catch up to our transfer progress.

Currently we expect the new hardware and data center to be available for public testing on Bullroarer in early September and are planning an event around that. More info as we get closer.

In mid-September to Early October we expect to start open transfers off of the closing worlds to the remaining worlds. We will begin with the smaller population worlds so as not to tax the old hardware as we transition to the new but still allowing those on the quiet worlds to start getting to know their new communities. In the October to November time frame is when we expect to be able to do the full switch over to the new hardware and data center for everyone and turn on transfers across all worlds. Please note this is our current timeline and is subject to change based on other delays that may occur during build out.

For those concerned about the free transfer timeline between remaining worlds that we originally set to end on October 1st, we are adjusting this plan. We will no longer have a time frame for free transfers, but are instead working out a way for everyone to have a chance to change their mind on their destination server once before having to pay to do so again.

So once again I want to thank everyone for their patience. This is a monumental task to undertake and we are making every effort to ensure it goes as smoothly as possible, but in order to do that sometimes it means taking pauses or delays in schedule. And this is only the largest of the upgrades we are working on for this year! You should be getting eyes on our new in-game storefront in the coming months as well as a new website coming in the months following that! So many shiny new updates for Lord of The Rings Online coming up both in-game and out, so stay tuned.

Cheers,
    Athena “Vyvyanne” Peters
    Executive Producer

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So im looking at the end of sept before I could probably move.

Dammit.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

WTF does this mean? It's in complete opposition to their previous statement that the "fuller" worlds will get to move first, and dead ones like Vilya are last.

ethics likes this.
  11. SixofNine

So if I read the subreddit correctly, the transfer window has opened for everybody, right?

12. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Read the what, where now?

AFAIK, they are still doing the weekend-limited-transfers for select servers for now until all the hardware gets replaced then the floodgates open.

My guys are still stuck on Vilya for now as it is "scheduled" to be last in line for the limited-time transfers.

I do think though that Nimrodel was opened over the weekend/last weekend.. It was no longer showing in my list of available servers to transfer off of as of yesterday.
    They also did allow people to leave Brandywine but it is still locked as a destination.

Can't check anything right now as the servers are down all day until ~3PM EDT for the Store upgrade.

Of course, I'm on vacation.....

13. SixofNine

Yeah, looks like they're still doing a couple at a time. I allowed myself to be confused by that sticky in the subreddit. :)

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

World Transfers - Page 103

Looks like they just turned it back on for Nimrodel outbound transfers to Landroval.
    GO GO GO!
    (I'll see you in a few weeks once they get to Vilya)

15. SixofNine

It is done.

LOTRO transfer.jpg

16. ethics

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Still in line at the DMV.....

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What sucks the most.... They claim that Vilya is high pop, yet the market is as bare as the landscape is with lack of players. I need about 500Ilex wood right now and willing to pay too, yet it's extremely rare anywhere and I don't have time to run circles in Moria to gather it.

19. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Goddammit, they got me again, I logged in at home and saw Vilya was available for transfers OFF of it.. only to have Lucy pull out the friggin football again after I got excited and realized, it's only for the stupid test server as a destination.

20. ethics

I think I have too much ILEX on my woodsman (who is up to Birch). If you ever make it, that wood is yours.