1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[LOTRO] Server Mergers/transfers

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here's the official announcement today.

This starts Aug 3 after a patch.

World Transfers | The Lord of the Rings Online

Once the servers are announced which are closing and which are the receiving servers, I'd like to coordinate so that those of us that still play end up on the same server again :)

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I actually have zero ties to the one I'm on so I'm free to move anywhere.

It's pretty dead these days after those I moved here to be with and made the community great, left the game some time ago.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Cool. Landroval is the best, on The Alliance kin there which is great. Brandywine the most populated and will never die. :)

4. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I thought I would see how this runs on the new MacBook Pro, and downloading the latest patches results in an error. The message is fairly low key, something along the lines of "Data files not updated." There's a lot of chatter about this on the forums with lots of suggestions. I tried one, deleting a couple of "hi rez" files and trying again, but that didn't work.

5. ethics

Try installing via steam. I had similar issues but re-did via Steam.

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

seid, look at the Mac support forum for this..... I think you have the issue where a dat file needs to be renamed, remove an "x" from the extension

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

seid, look at the Mac support forum for this..... I think you have the issue where a dat file needs to be renamed, remove an "x" from the extension

8. SixofNine

Okey dokey. Thanks to both of you.

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you haven't found it yet, also check out the Wiki for Mac players here..

Mac Client - Lotro-Wiki.com

Specifically the Gatekeeper section with Yosemite.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

11. ethics

Pretty much no surprise list. I welcome this, however and happy to know I can move a few off Nimrodel over to Landroval :) Or maybe port them over to Brandywine?

12. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Brandywine is locked due to issues with lag and hardware until further notice.

Looks like im heading to Landy with the masses.

At least I can see Weatherstock now.

13. ethics

Haha, yeah it's a big deal on that server. Let me know when you are over...

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soon as they let me and I clear off any placeholders

15. SixofNine

Alrighty, downloading via Steam seems to work. I successfully downloaded the core F2P and went to bed while it was patching.

I already own an expansion or two. I assume that once I log in I'll be able to download those for free, too?

ethics likes this.
  16. ethics

You download all the expansions. What is accessible to you is determined in-game already.

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This.
    As a ftp Player you can buy quest packs as you level, watch for the sales that happen every few weeks

*hugs his lifetime sub*. I still buy expansions though.

18. SixofNine

Cool, thanks -- I have a lifetime sub, once I figure out which one it is again. :) I had a couple of trial subs first and of course the server remembers all of them.

19. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Prepare for a deluge of goodies then when you log in. Lifers keep racking up the free gifts over time and also get them all on every new toon.

My fav is the 8 year character portrait for the UI. I get questions on it constantly.

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just realized fine print today, Vilya is on the ass-end of servers that will be allowed to transfer in waves, ironic because I left Nimrodel for Vilya years ago because it was more popular and had a better community, now it's one of the deadest servers and slated to be allowed to leave last.
    At least I have my names reserved on 3 of the remaining inbound servers.