1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search function

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Arc, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Arc

Arc Full Member

My apologies if this has been asked and answered all ready. If so I missed it.

I can't seem to find anything using the search function. I started looking for an older post back in the days of the professor and no joy. So I tried searching for a post made just today. Again no results.

Am I doing it wrong or is the search function not fully up and running and or there a cutoff date regarding how far back in time posts or threads are available?
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

What's the difference between Search Forums and Search on the far right? I didn't notice the Search Forums link before.
  4. Arc

Arc Full Member

Ah thanks. A first grade explanation for my first grade technological intellect and I got the search feature to work perfectly! :)

The following is irrelevant since I got the above working properly but the second option you provided was a bit confusing to me. It said something like error you must be logged in and it also referred to Facebook. Wasn't exactly sure what that was all about. But the regular search interface worked great.
  5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

The "Search Forums" is the advanced search where you can narrow down the search parameters. You can also get to it by clicking on the search box, and then selecting More.
  6. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

There are certain security features built into the software that prevents direct linking to pages that have the ability to bring the server to its knees. The Advanced Search page is one of those and a security token must be passed before you can access the page. In other words, if you link the page in a post, there's no security token associated with it and it won't allow you to access the page.