1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search doesn't seem to work right.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MemphisMark, Oct 27, 2013.

1. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

I found a new article about putting black boxes in our cars to replace the gas tax. I went searching for the original post about it by doing a forum search on"GPS" and ended up with just about every post. Am I doing it wrong? A search on "GPS, car, tax" was equally unhelpful.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Hmmm. Lemme do some digging.

3. Biker

If you know who posted, add their username in the advanced search.

Not sure what's going on with that. Should be working with the plain ol' quick search. I'll do some digging and see if it's a reported bug.

4. MemphisMark

Yeah, something is not right. I did a thread title search for just "GPS," and the last two posts I made in Rick's also showed up. No mention of, or even sequence of those letters in either post.

5. Biker

Found the issue. The minimum length is set to 4 in mysql. That's going to override anything I set in XenForo. Going to take a bit of work to get things fixed for that as I have to rebuild indexes and tables after making the change to 3 characters.

I'll post when it's all fixed.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  6. MemphisMark

So, this isn't related to that joke about the guy who tried to use "Mypen1s" as a password, only to find out it wasn't long enough? :run-66:

7. Biker

Rebuilding the appropriate tables right now on the server. Will rebuild the forum indexes once that's finished.

Depending on how badly the fulltext search DB takes a hit on this, it may dictate moving it back to 4 characters. We'll see.

8. Biker

OK. See if you can find what you were looking for. :)

9. MemphisMark

Found the thread I was looking for. :) Lost the link I was going to post. :( Had to find it again.