1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screenshots

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by claire, Dec 17, 2002.

1. claire

claire Registered User

Hi,
    I'm looking for a software to enable me to have screenshots: freeware, easy to use and to set up(for dumb and dumber;) ) and if possible available
    in French(but it's not a must).This software will run with
    Win98

Any idea(and URL) will be welcome

TIA :)

2. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

Here you go Claire....nice and little program from Analog X....great programmer, known for small lightweight programs that take up very little in the way of resources.....in English unfortunately...

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system/capture.htm

Stay safe all....

3. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Try the "Print Screen" button. :)

4. claire

claire Registered User

Thanks Stonehawk,

I'll go and look there right away:)

5. dmdvt

dmdvt Guest

You know, Haywire is right, if you hit the print screen button, open ms paint, and click paste.

<small>"It pains me so much to have to admit this."</small>

:p

6. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

Thats why I didnt......ROFL.....

j/k Hay....sort of :)

Stay safe all....

7. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Should you decide you need something a little more powerful, but still free, try <u>IrfanView</u> - the variety of image types supported is extensive. I have used this small but versatile program for years...

Unfortunately, it currently comes only in English and German, but there are people who work on plugins for the program who may have done a French language plugin.

8. claire

claire Registered User

Thank you Sunriser13,

I'll also have a look at Irfanview and as I wrote French is not necessary(just easier I am lazy sometimes;) )

9. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Do French keyboards not have a "Print Screen" button?? :huh:

10. IamZed

IamZed ...

I use Printkey-Pro. Printscreen works fine, but this is just a tad faster. Not free though. I believe there is a free version. I think it may be the same as Irfanview 32 though.

11. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

The utilities described here do not copy the image to clipboard like a simple print screen does.

Most utilities like capture from analog x will automatically save images to the HD so you can take any number of screenshots before opening an application capable of editing, resizing, and saving the image to various formats.

They also offer the flexibility of taking a screenshot of the active window and/or the entire desktop with open windows.

12. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Ahhhh... I see. Thanks midranger.

13. limeygit

limeygit Assume Sarcasm...

"They also offer the flexibility of taking a screenshot of the active window and/or the entire desktop with open windows."

So the same as alt+PrintScreen or just Print Screen...

14. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

The utilities have their place.
    But Print screen does the entire screen
    ALT Print Screen does the active window.

But yes, you do need another program open. I always used Powerpoint since I mainly used it when writing instructions.

15. civax

civax Main-Monkey

I do a lot of screen-capture in my Computer Graphics lab.
    I really reccomand a program called SnagIt. It's EXCELLENT!

16. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

I like Snag-it too...and also use HyperSnap

17. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

18. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

I use Snag-it also and recommend it highly.
    Snag it

19. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

I have been using MWSnap for a while now and love it! I got it from Webattacks. A cool thing about MWSnap is that I keep it in the Quick launch bar and launch it when I need it. Also, It will let me capture screen shots of menus and click and drag just a section of a window to take a shot of. I can then save it to disk or copy to the clipboard in .jpg, bmp, .tif or PNG format. Like the one shown. For me, that is the biggest advantage to PrtScn. IOnce you hit the PrtScn button menu's go away. Then, if you need only part of the window you need another program to crop, why not crop at the moment of capture?

JM2C

wapu

20. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

Guess I lost the first one.