1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott Ritter, the Whore Who Opens His Mouth

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Nov 14, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Former United Nations weapons inspector Scott Ritter says the U.N. resolution on disarming Iraq of weapons of mass destruction makes war inevitable.

"We're going to war, and there's not a damn thing the inspectors can do to stop it, and that's a shame. Inspections worked once and they can work again," Ritter said Wednesday night during a speech at the California Institute for Technology.

--Quote from this article

First of all, this is the man who himself said that no weapons inspection team has set foot in Iraq since 1998. Ritter believed Iraq technically capable of restarting its weapons manufacturing capabilities within six months of his departure. That leaves some three and one half years to manufacture and weaponize all the horrors that has purportedly motivated the Bush administration
    to attack.

Secondly, this is the same man who agreed to 500,000 of US DOLLARS from Iraq. An unspecified reason for it, in which Mr. Ritter admits that they ONLY paid him a quarter of that. Poor baby.

Here's my points:

1. The Media uses this moron's quotes as if they are second coming. John Butler headed the UN, why not seek his opinion? Oh, because it will go against everything the media wants to feed the people.

2. Why are the Democrats taking sides with Ritter? I mean, don't they realize how much credibility they lose here? I don't care whether you are liberal or conservative, taking on a side of a hypocrite makes you one.

2. drslash

drslash It's all about the beer

I have never cared for his demeanor and his certainty about the weapons situation in Iraq. Sure he spent time there but can he be 100% sure about everything like he says he is? He has always struck me as an insurance salesman type (no offense to insurance salesmen). He is so certain about everything that it makes you wonder what he doesn't know. In his appearances on the cable new channels it sounds like he is always angling to get back to a high paying inspection gig.

Anybody else not trust everything he says?

3. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

There is funny thing about Ritter. If you go back and look at and listen to video tape of him being interviewed and making comments a year or two ago when he first "appeared" you see and a hear person making thoughtful, conservative and responsible opinions about the situation. However, as time went by and after he agreed to the money from Iraq both his message and demeanor dramatically changes to how he is now. One level below shrill and the mad prophet of doom.

4. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Scott should be doing the talk shows by now I would think.

He gets quoted because there is media mileage in reporting controversial comments, especially from him. Richard Butler is all for inspections but reporting his comments....well they sound bland next to Scott R's, but Butler makes a lot more sense.