1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scots Are Idiots

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Aug 20, 2009.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

You haven't, no worries. :)

2. Arc

Arc Full Member

I don't know the survival rates but my impression matches what you say but there is one very important statistic about prostate cancer that may or may not apply here. And one that is seldom talked about.

With prostate cancer the survival rates are as you say. BUT...if your prostrate cancer reached a stage where it is detected through certain specific symptoms your prostrate cancer survival rate is zero. It will kill you 100 percent of the time--if you don't get hit by a truck or struck by some other catastrophic event.

Some Symptoms Source

As for the BP and rush for Libyan oil, that is tin foil hat theory and even if true IMO has no connection with the man's release. It is merely a coincidence of timing or events.

3. Arc

Arc Full Member

Im not trying to pile on but your assertion or implication that he has regular prostrate cancer where you can live for many, many years with it and in many cases be cured was the first such claim I had heard. Previously I had simply heard he was terminal. So late at night I did some research to clarify his medical status.

SOURCE

4. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

While I certainly don't believe that he should be shown forgiveness, I don't understand or accept this argument of "he's got a 70-90% chance to be cured" as a reason he shouldn't have been released.

He's been diagnosed with prostate cancer in the terminal phases... not just cancer, but cancer which has metastasized and is inoperable and untreatable.

Lockerbie bomber 'has weeks to live' after being diagnosed with advanced cancer | Mail Online
    Lockerbie: Kenny MacAskill's statement on Al Megrahi's release in full - Scotsman.com News
    There is no effective treatment for this stage of cancer; life extension can be achieved with hormone therapy. With that, he could have an additional six months to 10 years of life. Since the doctors say his cancers are "hormone-resistant", this removes the only effective life-extension treatments available. Surgery, heavy chemo and radiation may slow cancers in his bones or organs, but this is "spot treatment", not a cure.

Trying to use the very general statistic of prostate cancer survivability -- which includes all cases, including those in the very early stages -- as an argument against compassionate release for Al Megrahi is a bit disingenuous. All someone need say is they don't care whether he's terminal or not... he shouldn't have been released.

5. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

He shouldn't have been released. If your time is up while incarcerated, you should die in prison. Especially so if you're a mass murderer.

SM

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

He should definitely not have been released, in my opinion. That said, it's the government of Scotland that made this decision, not the Scottish people themselves.

7. ethics

8. Allene

Allene Registered User

9. Arc

Arc Full Member

I believe you man because I know Russians and saw what you did in the town where they screwed you over on repairs on your car. You got so pissed you decided to start with the repair people and then make the rest of the town pay.

By the way has anyone told you that you resemble Bruce Willis what with the no hair look and all?

Leon the ruthless makes them pay:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ON3_CP3mC0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ON3_CP3mC0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

10. ethics

HA! I am a lover not a fighter. :)

11. ethics

That post was made in August, that's how many weeks now, Randy? So much for he will be dead in 2 weeks tops.

Best part? He is now missing, went poof, and no one knows where he is.

Mystery as Lockerbie bomber goes missing from home and hospital - Times Online

Fuck you, Scots.

12. ethics

Still ticking...

13. ethics

I've bolded the best part, Randy as it's been almost a year, grand part is that they are saying he can survive 10 years now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/7871234/Dying-Lockerbie-bomber-could-survive-for-10-years-or-more.html

14. John R. Beanham

John R. Beanham Typical Aussie Male

When i first read of this blokes release my BS Detector went off.

I said to the wife, i bet he is still running around all over the place in 5 years.

I suppose the diagnosing Dr was a bloke called Mohammad? And the bloke that decided his release it was called Abdul?

15. ethics

Shit is about to hit the fan as BP admitted they were involved in the release of this terrorist.

16. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38256677/ns/world_news-africa/

I suspect that may very well finish them here in the US and elsewhere. 

17. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

While I agree that it may very well finish them off here, based on the court of public opinion if nothing else, I have to ask....

What business does the US Government, specifically the US Senate, have in demanding information about a foreign company and their business dealings and/or contracts with another foreign country? I mean, seriously? What are our little Congress critters smoking right now? Their own flatulence? If I am BP, regardless of public opinion, I do the same thing they are doing. I tell the US government to basically FU, this is none of your business.

Where is the outrage when BP, or Exxon, or BofA, or Citibank etc etc etc etc lobbies the US Government for terms that are favorable in their contracts? It happens everyday, but is it ok cause it is our countries business? If that is the case, shouldn't we be butting out of their business?

I mean, don't we have better things to do at this point? It was the Scot's decision to release him, based on reports from THEIR medical division. IF they fabricated those reports, or embellished them, that is THEIR problem, not ours. Can we please stop with this shit and get down to fixing OUR problems?

Please?

1 person likes this.
  18. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

There's a huge difference between lobbying congress critters for favorable business deals and lobbying for the release of terrorists because they're attempting to enter into an oil deal with a country known for producing and harboring terrorists. 

19. Arc

Arc Full Member

Where are you getting this from?

20. Arc

Arc Full Member

I did some checking in light of your startling news in your post and I can find nothing to support it. BP publicly admitted back in 2007 that they favored a prisoner transfer with the implied and some places openly stated it would reflect favorably in making a deal that would allow some drilling that they are now undertaking. However, BP has always and as far as I know other than taking the stance I have mentioned that they never were part of the decision made by the Scots to free the convicted terrorists on humanitarian grounds.

So unless someone has something new we have the same story as three years ago. All that is different is that now the actual drilling has just started or is about to start.