1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saudi miscalculated on oil

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by dsl987, Aug 6, 2015.

1. dsl987

dsl987 Member

ethics likes this.
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I've mentioned this before but happy to see where it's going. Miscalculated? Good, fuck them.

3. Greg

Greg Full Member

"The problem for the Saudis is that US shale frackers are not high-cost." ..... I just like the sound of that! [​IMG]

Seriously, we all know that the U.S. has ample oil resources to cover all our own needs AND become a net exporter -- if not for liberals objecting.

It looks like they are really screwed... I wonder how this will affect their desire and ability to become a nuclear power. I think maybe we can worry about one less M.E. nuke nation.

4. Arc

Arc Full Member

An interesting and for me educational read. Good stuff.

Related to the economic long-term situation for the Saudis is that big elephant in the room known as the global economy. The Saudis don't have anywhere near the oil reserves they claim. Consider that as truth at the very least for thought and consider the future global impact. No one would be spared the hurt. Worse yet is the Saudis aren't the only country lying about reserves.