1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sara Bareilles

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Sir Joseph, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

I'm always in a quest to find top quality entertainment and my God, I can't believe how talented my latest find is, in many ways, not just her voice. Not even sure why I'm posting this, but if some of you never heard of her, check her out.
    She actually sounds better live than in a recording. Her songs actually make sense, and the range of her voice is extremely impressive. For a great sampling of her ability check out Brave and King of Anything, for the "next" love song you'll be hearing at weddings check out I Choose You.

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Glad to see you are right on top of new music with the release of Brave being April of 2013. ;)

Seriously though, yes, she's fantastic!!!!

3. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

Well, considering that most music coming out is crap, I don't usually stay on top of these things. :) I usually do the indy instrumental, ala Lindsey Stirling or Taylor Davis. But King of Anything really hit home for me, it was just what I needed at just the right time. It's odd being moved by a song, and while I don't have anybody to sing it to now, I Choose You is a great song and I can listen to those three all day.

4. tke711

The video is great too:

5. tke711

Different artist, but some vane. John Legend is one of my new favorites as well for much the same reason I like Sara B. Genuine, talented singer/songwriter.

His current hit song is one that he wrote for his own actual wedding.

[media]

6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Ha the only reason I know that All of Me Song is because of Tiesto remix -- which is fantastic.

tke711 likes this.
  7. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

And Waves is fantastic as well

8. tke711

Sir J...Sam Smith may be another artist you want to check out. British singer/songwriter with a great vocal range as well.

9. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I hope that Bareilles is getting a ton of money from Microsoft.