1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Francisco Barbershop Shootout

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by SixofNine, Mar 23, 2018.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Did you see this story yet? Somebody driving by the scene as it was happening got some amazing footage on a smartphone. Here's an updated story that contains the original smartphone footage (warning: local news video autoplays):

Suspect Injured In San Francisco Barber Shop Shootout Dies

Some viewers on reddit were cynical enough to conclude that it was a scene from some True Detective type of TV show or movie. It does have that one-take, tracking-shot feel to it, because, well, that's what it actually was.

A redditor put the smartphone video to music, and you probably could fool some folks into thinking it's the opening scene to a law enforcement drama:

Arc, Allene and ethics like this.
  2. Allene

Allene Registered User

San Francisco used to be one of my favorite American cities to visit, but not now. Last time we were there was 1995.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I think it got 1000000 times worse since 1995, Allene.

Allene likes this.
  4. Arc

Arc Full Member

A strong demonstration of the dramatic degree of emotional impact a music "soundtrack" makes on how we view and experience the visual.

ethics likes this.
  5. Allene

Allene Registered User

I'm sure of that, Leon! Been reading about downtown streets. Back then, downtown was still a good place, with the exception of the Tenderloin. Even that neighborhood would probably look tame compared to today's environment. What a shame!