1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Bernardido Shooting

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Dec 2, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

This is towards the tail end...

Somewhat graphic.

2. Arc

Arc Full Member

I've been watching this live since 10 minutes after the shooting. A great live feed in quality from a top of the line news organization:

Live Streaming

The people gathered at the specific targeted location were all or almost all county and or city employees.

Three shooters minimum working as a team using "long rifles." Various actions by shooters reflect that the shooting was thought out and planned with good escape. (San Bernardino's location is such that there are numerous freeway fast exists for both inter and intra state flight. At least one dressed in black and with a face mask. Three fled in Black SUV. LE caught up with them two miles away in a residential area. At least two of the killers shot and one officer. One other possibly held up in a nearby house. (Casualty count as of 4:30 PM is 14 dead and another 17 wounded or injured.) Those shot taken to one of two hospitals including Loma Lina Medical Center which is a level one trauma center.

Cops are everywhere. As a related topic in another thread here is one side of the police using "military grade" equipment and tactical gear debate. In this one specific case all were needed in used.
    (Just about every local, state and federal LE involved.)

Copzilla and ethics like this.
  3. ethics

4. ethics

5. Arc

Arc Full Member

If these guys are not Islamic terrorist regardless of ethnicity but are local whites with a gripe or agenda, (my guess), look for the left to start pushing the big lie that "domestic right wing extremists terrorist are the biggest terrorist threat to the United States. Shrug, guess I'm putting the cart before the horse. One thing for sure if they are white there will be no equivalent of WLM talk of any kind.

Meanwhile they are closing in with the last of the three shooters. (Also a bit of waffling on what was the occasion of the gathering of people where the shooting took place and what may have "provoked" the shooting.

What's amazing is that the quality realtime feed of audio and video with professional commentary and news reporting is available in realtime all around the world via Internet. The world gets smaller in so many ways each and every day.

6. ethics

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I for one am shocked, SHOCKED to find out it really wasn't 3 white male red-neck, NRA card-carrying, bible-thumping Jesus lovers who hated minorities... ya know, like the Twitter brigade that pumps up the MSM was touting all along before all of the bodies were even removed.

ethics likes this.
  8. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I watched constant news on the event once I found out about it which was not until about 5 PM CST as I was preoccupied with another project. BUT I was not expecting answers. I listened to talking heads and experts knowing that they did not have answers yet. But when CNN began firmly stating they would not reveal the name being broadcast elsewhere I knew it would sound like a mid eastern name.

We complain when they do not filter and we complain when they do. Too bad the population in general is not aware that just because they are on TV they does not mean they know more than the officials are saying.

9. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I finally turned it off and tuned out. Between the media bending over backwards trying to make it into a gun control issue and then in the same breath trying to not portray it as a terrorist act, I quickly got disgusted with the whole thing. And then when the Prez jumps in with his bullshit......

Copzilla, Sir Joseph and ShinyTop like this.
  10. Greg

Greg Full Member

I'm really surprised it wasn't otherwise law-abiding, NRA lifetime member whites, who had finally had enough liberal bullshit to show them what we Second Amendment will do if they really piss us off about gun ownership being legal (and a Constitutional right).

Seriously I don't see how anybody had any idea contrary to an Islamic extremist shoot-up once the military gear and massive weaponry became known. Oh excuse me, I forgot the term "Islamic extremist" was politically incorrect.

I tuned out early. What's to be said? Big shootout paramilitary style... Police catch up with shooters and there's a firefight. Oh, surprise, surprise, they recently visited Pakistan and other Islamic countries.

I don't understand the fascination in watching the events hashed and rehashed and rehashed over and over again, wall to wall TV coverage, one or two new facts every hour.

What's to say? They are Islamic extremists. We are Obamaland sheep. They shoot and we die. It's what they do, it's what we do. But we must never utter the words "Islamic extremism" because that is politically incorrect, and illustrates our lack of racial and ethnic insensitivity.

I got disgusted early and switched to a 24-hour rock concert cable channel Palladia. Still watching it.

The San Berdoo story is already over except for the sensationalism and posturing.

Just remember the old press saying: "If it bleeds it leads."

11. Arc

Arc Full Member

The first comments from President Obama as the event was still in progress with regards more info coming in hour by hour that day was along the lines of another mass shooting and we need more gun control to stop these too frequent events.

The US will never be in a fight against Islamic Terrorism until President Obama identifying the terrorist threats to the US and says the following words in some distinct clear form: "Islamic terrorists." He has yet to do so. He has his own individual personal POV and standards in his mind that has a higher priority than anyone else's or the country's---whatever that might happen to be.

ethics likes this.
  12. Greg

Greg Full Member

What's worse, if the American population were entirely unarmed then only criminals and terrorists would have arms.

All we honest citizens would not only be stripped of our ability to defend ourselves, we'd be stripped of our Constitutional rights under the Second Amendment.

I wish I knew WTF makes liberals so crazy. Death wish? Lemmings? Feelings of guilt?

13. Arc

Arc Full Member

An acquaintance of mine lives and works in the Middle East. He has done so for years. And I would add he is a modest man of integrity and sophistication that is an accepting and tolerant person. Today he said that many of the Arabic news papers are running opinion pieces claiming that the San Bernardino attack was the work of the CIA or FBI that was intended to further flame Islamaphobia in the US.

14. ethics

Of course. Their level of propaganda is on par with the New York Times.

15. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

We have an Egyptian friend who swears that the Israelis were the masterminds of that Egyptian pilot deliberately crashing an airliner full of passengers.

ethics likes this.
  16. Arc

Arc Full Member

What country in the world affords Muslims more religious freedom, standard of living, and a totality of societal or economic opportunity along with protected governmental freedoms and services than does the United States? All of the same benefits as non-Muslims.

ethics likes this.
  17. Greg

Greg Full Member

That's why they hate us. They don't like giving people that kind of freedom.