1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saddam's just playing for time

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Swamp Fox, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

I understand that the window of opportunity for attacking Iraq is January and February, then it'll be too hot. If so, then Saddam is probably just going to open the doors until February, then slam them shut again. Then, when September rolls around, he'll roll his eyes in forgiveness and allow unfettered access. That's his pattern.

That said, I still don't think the US will have made all these preparations and not go to war.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Short and concise, Stanley. I tend to agree with every point but certainly not in the same ballpark as you and others on the military strategy. Just common sense to this civilian. :)

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Of course, that is part of his game plan. And it may succeed if he plays his cards right. Much later than March and that climate is brutal.

4. IamZed

IamZed ...

He is toast on a stick right now. I am frightened at the thought of this. It may cost a lot. Once we get started we will not stop. Scares the crap out of me

5. immortal one

immortal one 501st Geronimo

Too hot after February? That's a good one. No one worried about that in the jungles of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, or the deserts of North Africa.

"Better watch it Saddam. We're coming after your WMD...as long as the weather is right." HA! I hope we have more resolve than that.

6. ShinyTop

Immortal One, I don't expect a month or two to let him off the hook, but it is not just about resolve. The hotter the weather the more trouble we have with equipment, the fewer bombs planes can carry, and the less time man can exist in protective gear. It is not just about comfort.

7. ShinyTop

Surprise, Surprise

The Iraqis today told the chief inspector they will "have trouble" meeting the Dec 8th deadline. Source - ABC news.

8. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

That is the case, yes. Extreme temps either way generally impede warfighting, especially at the troop level.

SM