1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rugby vs. Footbal

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by John R. Beanham, Jan 27, 2003.

1. John R. Beanham

John R. Beanham Typical Aussie Male

The Braiders or the Tampa Bay Fairies are VERY fortunate they never came up against an Australian Rugby team.

EW! Nasty! all that BLOOD!

John.

Split from this thread.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

3. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Bring it on Aussie boy! It may not get as warm here in Florida as there but you'll have to make do. As for blood, we'll give you plenty of transfusions to make it back to so you can put some shrimp on the barbie while recuperating. ;)

4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I gotta say this for Australians. The combat boots they issued to their soldiers in VietNam were the best boots I ever traded for. I still think my damn brother stole them. Great boots.

5. John R. Beanham

Mike,

"Bring it on Aussie boy! It may not get as warm here in Florida as there but you'll have to make do. As for blood, we'll give you plenty of transfusions to make it back to so you can put some shrimp on the barbie while recuperating."

Australian Rugby players are a bunch of poofs compared to 'Australian Rules Football' where some teams in the outback play without boots on a gravel surface. None of this fancy grass stuff.

Both codes play in shorts, shirt and (usually, boots), none of all this poofy padding.

;-)

John.

6. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Actually, there's a couple of Australian Rules Football Leagues here in California...the teams are predominantly Samoan and Tongan...they frequently continue the games in some of the pubs.

7. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Padding? Man, that's only for the game. A lot of times practice is done without all that. Warren Sapp says bring those nice boys over.

Speaking of over, remember in WWII, the Americans were over-sexed, over-paid and over-there. You never forgave us for that. ;)

* gave you all an inferiority complex * ;)

8. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

Padding as used in the NFL is not padding--it is a weapon.

Name one other sport besides Sumo wrestling where participants HIT each other straight on or head to head at speed and on every play? Not in rugby, no matter what you call it, not in ice hockey, not any where I can identify.

The only thing rough in rugby is getting kicked in the head when at the bottom of the srum. Other than that just a bunch of muscular slow guys and little guys who are also slow but faster than the big guys so they look fast. :)

9. John R. Beanham

Coot,

"there's a couple of Australian Rules Football Leagues here in California...the teams are predominantly Samoan and Tongan...they frequently continue the games in some of the pubs."

There is an active league in Minnisota? and I believe in a few other states.

Those Samoan, Tongan and Fijian players are raised on mothers milk fortified with growth hormones and steroids - have you ever seen their mothers? They have shoulders wider than grid iron players padding.

Most end up playing Rugby for the NZ 'All Blacks' who receive their annual hiding from Australia in the Bledisloe Cup. Maybe that is why they hate us so much.

John.

10. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Hey, I would looove to see a game without pads... An Aussie football team against... Let's see... Jamie Sharper, Warren Sapp, Bill Romanowski, Marshall Faulk, Daunte Culpepper, Joe Jurevicius... yeah... that would work... rofl

These guys talk about no pads, but one shot from Sharper coming across the middle and they would retire immediately! LOL!

11. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Sharper...Sharper who?

12. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Don't listen to John, Aussie rules players are the fairies. Anyone that has to wear tight shorts like that belongs in the gay mardi gras. Put them in a Rugby match and they'd run for cover.

13. John R. Beanham

Ditch,

"Anyone that has to wear tight shorts like that belongs in the gay mardi gras"

Oh, you are AWFUL!! Now I am REALLY hurt!!!

Actually, the old style tight shorts were VERY popular with the lady spectators, but they have been replaced by the more 'roomy' style.

John.

PS,

Rugby players have such thick necks to hold up their thick heads.

14. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

What the hell are those? Braider? As in little girls' hair? Fairies? WTF? How can either team be taken seriously in sports that envolve men hitting and blood?

wapu

P.S. There is only one football. It is played on the grid-iron with a pigskin and helmets. Everything else is some bastardized soccer.;)

15. John R. Beanham

Wapu,

"Everything else is some bastardized soccer."

Actually, Australian Rules Football is a direct descendent of Gaelic Football but played with an oval ball, and NO PADDING!

;-)

John.