1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roadmap for Democrats: Turn left at San Francisco

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by drslash, Nov 8, 2002.

1. drslash

drslash It's all about the beer

Here is a pretty good run down on Nancy Pelosi, the soon to be new House Minority Leader.

Compared to Harold Ford of Tennesse who looks to be a bit more moderate.
  2. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

I a democrat, choose Frost not because of his speaking skills, but because he may help to lead the present dems to the middle, where they will have to be in the next 2 years. I have nothing against Ms. Pelosi, in fact I would support her unconditionally in an election. But, face it, she represents us fags and that is not a good thing to be touting when there are votes at stake. I hate to say that about me and others, but if we must go back to hiding in the bushes and be branded with pink triangles again, I'd rather do it with a middle of the road democrat.
  3. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Nancy Pelosi is a left wing whack job. I sincerely hope she gets the minority leadership, then the rest of the country gets an up close and personal look at the utter nonsense California's been chafing under...especially for the last 4 years.
  4. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

I don't think she is the best person for the job. It makes no sense to me. All I can hope for is the two major parties to pull hard enough to the left and right to force well known candidates to become independent. A major exodus from the party could be a good thing for everyone. It could spur the same kind of exodus from the Reps as well. Ah, but that is just a pipe dream of mine.:( A non-polarized political system with moderate politicians having enough clout to actually get things done.

5. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Nancy Pelosi...

<li> Voted NO on banning human cloning, including medical research.
    <li> Voted NO on banning Family Planning funding in US aid abroad.
    <li> Voted NO on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes.
    <li> Voted NO on banning partial-birth abortions.
    <li> Voted NO on barring transporting minors to get an abortion.
    <li> Voted NO on Constitutional amendment prohibiting Flag Desecration.
    <li> Voted NO on banning gay adoptions in DC.
    <li> Voted NO on Amendment to prohibit burning the US flag.
    <li> Voted NO on ending preferential treatment by race in college admissions.
    <li> Voted NO on deploying SDI.
    <li> Voted YES on funding for alternative sentencing instead of more prisons.
    <li> Voted NO on more prosecution and sentencing for juvenile crime.
    <li> Voted YES on maintaining right of habeus corpus in Death Penalty Appeals.
    <li> Voted NO on making federal death penalty appeals harder.
    <li> Voted YES on replacing death penalty with life imprisonment.
    <li> Voted NO on military border patrols to battle drugs & terrorism.
    <li> Voted NO on prohibiting needle exchange & medical marijuana in DC.
    <li> Sponsored the States' Rights to Medical Marijuana Act.
    <li> Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1.
    <li> Voted YES on extending Immigrant Residency rules.
    <li> Voted YES on more immigrant visas for skilled workers.
    <li> Voted NO on responsible fatherhood via faith-based organizations.

Yup... That dingy bitch is almost my worst nightmare, second only to Richard Simmons and/or Christopher Lowell. :rolleyes:
  6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

So far, I am with her...

Where she lost me above.

This is a whack job?
  7. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I too hope Nancy Pelosi gets the job but only because I prefer conservative values.
    Too bad Ted Kennedy can't get the Senate Minority leader spot.
    The return to the 70's Liberal values is just what the Republicans need to unify the two parties into one and leave the far left liberal values to die a timely and quick death, opening room for other parties to enter.

Of course I speak in wishful terms and definitely with a sardonic intent.

Though I embrace the conservative values, I also feel the Dem's values have some merit. After being a liberal democrat in my earlier life and now conservative in my evolvement ;), I would love to have a third party come to fruition.
    Not specific values like a green, but sort of a grassroot party that eshewed less government and more local authority.
    One that would not be beholden to specific interests to be bought and guided.

The Independent Party of Ross Perot started out to be such a party. Too bad it was led by a lunatic. The power that existed in it's creation may be a long time in coming.

Now you all realize why I never participate in political discussions... It took me 20 minutes to say what I have said, and re-reading it I realize how disjointed it sounds.
    I'll post anyway, so y'all know never to take what I say seriously.LOL
    At least I made an attempt...:)
  8. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Seems like a pretty darned good record. Bravo Nancy.
  9. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

10. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

The more I read about this... this... this... [spit]woman[/spit], the more I really, really, r<i>eeeeeaaaaa</i>lly don't like her. :mad:
  11. EMIG

EMIG Yup

Ugh, my representative. Wholly owned and operated by the labor unions:

And the dumbasses in my city will vote for her no matter what.

FWIW, I think the Democrats need to move to the Left to be successful. They'll never be better Republicrats than the GOP.

There's a plethora of causes, like the irrational erosion of our civil liberties and the legalization of pot that have huge constituencies and no voice.

They'll just keep losing ground to the Green party if they try to out Republican the GOP.
  12. drslash

drslash It's all about the beer

I really laughed hard at some of these. I found this at freerepublic.com.

I can't wait to see the legislative agenda Pelosi comes up with.

1. All births will be approved by the committe to save the planet, or you will be hunted down and killed for damaging the eco-system.

2. Anything larger than a moped is illegal, as they destroy the eco-system.Anyone driving something larger, will be shot.

3. All smokers will be shot on sight with a caveat for pot smokers.

4. Anyone making over $10k a year will be ruled as "rich" and have their property forfit to the State. Anyone lieing on their tax form, will be shot.

5. All guns will be confiscated except for approved officers of the State.(Democrats)Anyone with a weapon larger than tweezers, will be killed by their own weapon.

6. All school children will walk with a cucumber in their arse on Gay Day so they can identify with the homosexual thought process. You wouldn't grow up making fun of someone if you did it yourself. Any complaints about the size of your produce, you will be shot.

7. Levy a tax on all food that is made from animal flesh. Anyone caught eating fish, flesh, or insects, will be shot.

8. Only dead people can vote, and the States will decide who they vote for because the proletariat is so dumbed down now from public school, it would be foolish to let them choose. They have no concept of what is good for the planet.

9. White males will be sterilized so they cannot ever procreate again.Any white male trying to adopt, will be casterated and shot.

10. The recognized religion of the state will be worship of the earth goddess, Sophia, to hold down disagreement amongst the believers. Everyone knows that god is a woman, and anyone who is intolerant of that must be killed.

We must all get along, acording to the writings of Sophia, any troublemakers will be shot.
  13. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Sounds like that <b><u>is</u></b> Pelosi's agenda. :rolleyes:
  14. DSL Dan

DSL Dan Registered User

The Democrats are hellbent on political suicide with Pelosi. She is <u>not</u> the face they want voters to associate with the Democratic Party in the 2004 elections. Unless someone has a "Dutch Uncle" chat with her and she has a subsequent and dramatic epiphany, she could very well turn out to be the left's equivalent of Newt Gingrich. No wonder Gephardt jumped off this impending train wreck!
  15. jamming

jamming Banned

Remember Newt lead the Republican Revolution in 1994 with the Contract With America, I don't know if she has the same visionary ideas. He was the person to lead back to power not the one to keep the power, two different type of people need for those jobs.