1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIFT 2.0

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Andy

After not playing Rift for months, I decided to pick it back up a few months ago when I saw some patch notes of things they've added since I left.

Rift has done some decent growing in activities, zones and abilities.

The only thing that sucked was the fact that the server I used to play on, Estrael was converted to a trial server over 6 months ago, Any character above lvl 15 was allowed to move off to anywhere for free (And they still have free transfers with a 7 day cooldown) any character that did not meet the level requirement was lost, they apparently had a forum post about it but it has long since vanished.

No matter, I moved my lvl 32 Guardian Warrior to Faeblight, the original server I wanted to be on in the first place, a decent (and the only) US RP server, and got back in the swing of things during the last festival.

The fact that they have the 2.0 expansion Storm Legion releasing this fall is what kept me around.

They're tripling the size of the game world, adding 10 more levels, another soul per class, tons more content, quests, and HOUSING that is said to be an attempt to be on par with Star Wars Galaxies with free form placement and multitude of choices of areas to plant your flag.

Here is a vid I found of what housing will be looking like so far.

I ended up taking the deal to buy 1 year of gametime and get the expansion for free along with some nice in game swag.
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Loved that game but lack of end game kinda killed it for the game.
  3. Andy

10 dungeons and 5 raids currently, they're adding 7 dungeons and 3 raids.
  4. Andy

New trailer for Storm Legion.

Best viewed in HD and full screen to see the details of actual gameplay footage, not some cinematic like Blizz does.

Dimensions = the new housing

Instant Adventure is mini groups that teleport you to specific areas and give you random encounters for loot and rewards.
    It also uses the new system introduced a few patches ago called Mentoring, where you are automatically reduced in player level and powers based on the IA you are sent to ( but keep all of your skills) and earn experience based on your mentored level, which is awesome for leveling up past 50 in low level areas and actually gaining experience points toward your planar attunement skill ups while keeping it from being a boring 1-shot-fest like you would be doing as a 50 in a lvl 12 area.

IMO, I am just amazed at how much Trion has actually listened to the player base since release and added new content and goodies that players actually want, this expansion will blow the doors off of their past endeavors.
  5. ethics

Hmmm, I may give this a try. But with LOTRO, GW2, and lack of time lately...
  6. Andy

I forgot to add. Last nights patch added cross faction pvp, grouping/raids and guild membership.
  7. ethics

8. Andy

Funny story.... I paid for a year membership to get the expansion, and after it hit I never logged in again cause I was hitting WoW heavy after panda land, and now already let that sub expire 'cause Im back in Eve online again with some coworkers.

Yeah, i'm easily distr ....Oooh shiny!
  9. ethics

LOL... I will await your rage quit post in regards to Eve Online. :p)
  10. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

11. ethics

12. Andy

I logged in over the weekend for the first time in months and played with my new house. Still love the game, just dont have time for more than one game anymore. Happy to hear the 7 months of sub i still have will go towards premium content so ill be checking back once this happens.

Still havent ragequit eve either.:p
    Once you hit around 25million skillpoints its easier to rake in the isk/hour. Sitting on around 3 billion now.
  13. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Might go back when it goes F2P. I am still in TOR and WoW and GW2. Then there is the Sounders season and I am writing and working on my own website for my photos. I need a clone
  14. ethics

Only thing I am doing is WoW and that's mostly because of my kid. I might try the new NeverWinterNights when it comes out.
  15. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

understand about WoW. I am hardly there anymore. And i forgot about Marvel Heros coming out in a couple of weeks
  16. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member