1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REVIEW: IOGEAR USB KVMP Switch

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Techie2000, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Well today I got my USB keyboard so I went ahead and installed the KVMP switch I got yesterday. Now that it is all installed I am not a happy camper. The sad excuse for a KVM switch does not work with Windows XP correctly. I boot into XP (after editing my bootloader config since the bootloader doesn't seem to work either) and the splash screen turns into gobely gook. Then after it finally gets the screen working correctly I'm at my login screen. The keyboard and mouse do not work. After poking around with it and resetting the KVM I finally got it to recognize it. Alas the problem is repetitive. I am not happy at all with this KVMP switch and it will be going back along with the USB keyboard...:mad:

2. Techie2000

After much thought I'm wondering if maybe I was too harsh. It seems that now for some odd reason Windows XP started working with the thing perfectly. The keyboard has a built-in USB hub which I'm wondering if it is refusing to work because it's plugged into a KVM. Finally my bootloader problems seems to be that no one in the Linux world wants to code a USB patch for GRUB or LILO. I guess I will have to look into other bootloaders...

3. Techie2000

Hmm. I take the previous complaints about the keyboard back. It seems to be having troubles with its special buttons on top...