1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[REVIEW] Dungeons & Dragons Online

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Andy, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Was able to get some outside areas of different flavors today :)

1. A typical Inn (Wayward Lobster)
    2 and 3, The Harbor area.
    4. Postern Wilds. (An outside adventuring area with tons of wild animals that are looking for lunch... just ask Braz :D)
    5, 6, and 7 The Marketplace outdoor area.
    8 and 9, inside of the Bazaar tent (where most common vendors and brokers are now)
    10. House Phiarlan
    11. House Deneith
    12. House Jorasco
    13. House Kundarak
    14. The Twelve (higher level area)

2. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

And not a single picture of my warforged cyborg playing his lute... It is the next best thing to RoboCop whipping out a banjo. It just looks... well... wrong. Hence why I like it.

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm usually laughing too hard to remember to press CTRL+P :rofl:

4. Brazbit

Yeah I never could remember ctrl+P so I remapper to *gasp* [Pint Screen]

Actually all the funky key combos have been remapped. It is amazing how many cool features were not mapped by default.

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yep, to hide the UI to take most of those shots, I went with my old standby of ALT+Z. But along that line, I love how you can map anything to any key :D

It's just a shame it won't zoom all the way to 1st person in order to get nice wallpaper material.

6. Brazbit

Been there done that. Couldn't remember aanything else so used Alt+Z

Stand against a wall if possible. There are other ways as well.

7. Brazbit

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

LOL! Thanks for the invite and the guest code.

Thus far, I am impressed but too sleepy to go on for the night. Will try and play some more tomorrow. :)

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sweet..

Here is some reading if you like as to abilities for your class, level up abilities, etc..

DDO Wiki

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One more thing for those who are delving into D&D land...

Want to tweak your video settings for best performance w/o lag or stuttering?

Want to get rid of that annoying cinematic trailer at game start?

Then fret no more...

Read this post on how to optimize your playing experience :)

Quick fix for cinematics... jump to this part of post #2...

I did it and works great.

11. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Oh no. My wife is going to kill me for finding this thread. Now I have to give this a try. It'd be wrong not to. :p

Vio: can I blame you? I didn't know about this thread until you pointed me to it. :lol:

12. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I keep meaning to post a review but I keep forgetting (I am old now)

I love this game. It is a complete 180 from WoW. It is easy to find a group, but you can get something done in a hour instead of 5.

I had a fighter up to level 2 but I decided to re-do her to customize her stats, I am speaking of Caliet my fighter, and boy did that make a HUGE difference. There are things I can one hit now. I am also lasting longer.

The graphics are amazing. and there is hardly any lag. Also fewer whiney 12 year olds.

I will try to post more later plus some screen shots I have at home

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I was wondering what happened to Caliet. :D

I know everyone's schedules is whacky at the moment.. but I'd love to get all here who play together for some grouping this weekend, schedules permitting.. and tear up everything in the Harbor area so it's all marked completed in the quest book. :cool:

I've run Waterworks top to bottom about 8 times now on my Ranger, and sadly, that and Butcher's path are the 2 things in the Harbor that one never has a problem finding a group.. leaving all those other wonderful quests going undone for the time being.

I'm already @ lvl 4.0 myself.. and if someone is 3 lvls higher or more than you in your party, it kills any exp gained for the lower levels since they added in a "powerleveling" nerf with module 1.
    So before I get too much more higher and start running Marketplace quests.. I'd like to help everyone else out here in getting up to snuff, at a nice leisurely pace of course.

I also just created a Warforged Barbarian yesterday just for tooling around.. It's nice to be able to crit/1-shot most of those annoying things in the starter area, but in that respect, he's lacking lots of skills I'm used to, he can't seem to find all the secrets and hidden stuff my Ranger can :(
    (I also took a brief stab at playing a Wizard.. that went quite badly... :rofl:)

Oh, and today's patch has fixed the mouselook/zoom bug. Confirmed.:happy:

14. Brazbit

Would love to get together. We ran out of steam yesterday.

15. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I think Sunday would be good. We are going to Mt St Helens on Saturday so late Friday night probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Braz and I did the Miller quest on hard last night (just before you got on) and it took us about 4 tries to get it. When they say hard they mean HARD:banghead:

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No kidding..

I've run a few things in a group on hard.. (WW 3-4 to name one) and was very impressed on how the "easy button" gets tossed right out the window. :rofl:

I got cocky the other day and tried to solo "The Missing Pack" which is a lvl 2 medium (I think..?) right next to the apothecary.. worked my way through in pretty much perma-stealth mode, found a huge secret area, and I made it all the way to the nice doggie right before the end pretty much unscathed (favored enemy = Kobolds + Muckbane ftw).. he then proceded to make a late afternoon snack out of me before he even unstealthed..

Wasn't a pretty sight. :doh:

17. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Looks really tempting, since I cut my teeth on AD&D years ago. I couldn't find a decent explanation of what the available billing cycles are though. What's available at what prices?

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You can pick up the boxed game for around $40 now...

Amazon has it for $39.99 now..
    And it's the DVD version... /jealous.. I ended up with a 5 CD version :(
    I got mine at Target, it had a sticker loosely stuck on the outside of the box (hint hint) to redeem online to get an ingame amulet of underwater breathing that is good on any character I ever make from now on..:D

The monthly is ~comparable to WoW.. you get 30 days free at first, but must register your account and choose a billing style at account creation (changeable at any time)
    The more blocks of time you get the cheaper it gets.. You can do a single month or blocks of months.. I took a quarter year for around $14 and change/mo

EDIT>

From my billing page :)

19. Brazbit

Have I got a deal for you...

Step 1: Got to - http://trial.ddo.com/

Step 2: Download free 7 day trial

Step 3: Be assimilated

That is all... :cool:

20. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

:lol: I ordered my copy from Amazon last Friday.