1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Return of Jew-hatred

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Feb 21, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Not sure if this was an attempt to deflect the issue or is it a true statement but... this coming from this week's The Economist:

So should we wait until it's as bad as it was during Nazi rise?
  2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I don't think it ever really went away. What we're seeing now is a more overt display, where as before it was more subtle.
    Allene and ethics like this.
  3. ethics

I don't disagree, makes a lot of sense, I just can't believe how fast this shit came out in to the open.
  4. ethics

Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised. Check out this passage:

A study last November by Fondapol, a French think-tank, found that, whereas 25% of those surveyed agreed that Jews “have too much power in the economy and finance”, the ratio among French Muslims was 67%. In stridently anti-racist Germany a 2010 study found 3% of Germans without any immigrant background agreeing that “Jews have too much power in the world”; the number rose to 25% among those of Turkish origin and 40% among those of Arab origin.

Basically, only 3% of non Arab Germans and over 50% with the Muslims.
  5. dsl987

dsl987 Member

Pretty disturbing, but I guess not many really understand the Holocaust
  6. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

There are certain groups (to read Arab) who think it didn't go far enough.
  7. Greg

Greg Full Member

It's funny, I grew up in a community that was evidently Jew biased. I was among the academic/scholastic crowd at high school and more than 1/3 of my fellow students were Jewish, many of them my best friends and friendly competitors. We were all competing to be the best students, get the best grades, and I was highly motivated to compete. This all fits well with the Judeo-Christian work ethic.

It was only a few years ago that I discovered that Jews were only 2-3% of the US population. I would have guessed 15-20% at least, from my community I grew up in.

I gotta love 'em, without their scholastic competition I wouldn't be the educated person I am today. In the present I have two best friends: both Jewish.
  8. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

9. ethics

It's ok, Al Jazeera put in a correction. ARTICLE RETRACTED - Al Jazeera English

Here's what I tweeted right to them: https://twitter.com/ethics13/status/570787440279089152
  10. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

What's sad is that retraction is there, while I haven't seen one at the daily mail site. Al Jazeera is Arabic, but the daily mail is worse, its European.
    ethics likes this.