1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request for forum

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Misu, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Actually it's not really a request for a particular forum but I cant really think right now (head is foggy for some reason).

It's about IM's. I've noticed that we get a certain amount of space for IM's. I was wondering if there's anyway to make it so that older messages get automatically deleted, so we don't have to keep emptying out the IM box? Also, if a message is important, could we have a drop down box on the actual message itself that allows us to forward it to a user-defined folder for safe keeping? I've already figured out how to make the folders but I noticed that in order to move the message, I need to go back to the Inbox and do it from there.

If not, just tell me to shut the hell up and I'll be quiet :)

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

The first part was already asked about, it is a legitimate pain in the ass and I have to devote some time to actually have message append instead of clog up the entire process. I will look in to this this weekend.

As for the seond part, I need to take a look at the folder creation process.

3. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

How about make it so that the last 5 messages just drop off automatically? We just need to be careful that we save whatever information is in those IM's that we would like to keep.

4. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

Right now I just move all my read messages to a separate folder called "Old Messages". That way, I still have them around, but I don't get annoying javascript popups everytime I click refresh on the index.