1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember This Name

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Nov 19, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Amram Mitzna.

Probably the next Prime Minister of Israel.

Find out why I claim this to be here. (Free Registration required).

I am actually glad they chose someone fresh, new, and someone who can be the leader Israel needs.

2. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/comment/0,10551,804343,00.html

More info on this possible chance for a new start between Palestine and Israel.

Labor party is currently NOT in power...

3. ethics

Correct. But they will be. :)

4. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

I might agree with you if you said future PM, but next PM? We all know that the next PM will come from Likud. Labor will actually lose some seats. That's my prediction. I think Sharon will beat out Bibi for the Likud vote and win the PMership.

5. ethics

Wanna make this interesting and put a wager on this? It doesn't have to be money. Dignity, honor, shame, works the same. ;)

I honestly think Mitzna will be the NEXT PM.

6. Sir Joseph

I bet my honor, dignity and shame that Mitzna will NOT be the next PM. There is no way it's possible. Internal polls show Likud gaining seats and Labor losing a big chunk of theirs. "Third" parties will be gaining as well. Why would Mitzna be the next PM? The Israelis want security first and peace second. The Labor party has only one item on their platform: Peace at any cost. The Israelis got sick of that and are getting smart. I would really have loved if Bibi would beat out Sharon but I doubt that's going to happen.

7. ethics

Why? Bibi was the worst thing that ever happened to Israel--PM wise.

8. John R. Beanham

John R. Beanham Typical Aussie Male

It does not matter WHO is Prime Minister of Israel. The Palestinians will NEVER rest until the Jews are in the sea.

John.

9. Sir Joseph

Which is why having a PM from Likud is a much better choice than Labor. Instead of worrying about the peace process everytime Israel retaliates, they would worry about their strategy to attack the terrorists and preempt any future attacks. And Bibi was a good PM because besides being a good PM he was also a good orator and how you speak means almost as much as what you speak.

10. ethics

Agreed, if Bibi actually believed half the bs he was spouting. There were many great speakers and orators that walked this earth, I can name plenty of them who cared nothing for their own people.

11. Sir Joseph

I just read this Op-Ed and thought it was a good read.
    NY Times OP-ED

12. ethics

Bibi launched his bid to seize the reins from Arik by concentrating on rebuilding the economy of Israel, now staggered by the worldwide dot-com collapse and the reluctance of tourists to enter a war zone. That economic pitch got nowhere; in Israel as in the U.S., voters are primarily concerned with winning the war on terrorists.

The idiot still doesn't realize why the economy is shattered. Perhaps in his next lifetime? I honestly do not know how you can support someone like that.

13. Sir Joseph

At least I still have my dignitiy and honor. It's too bad I can't edit my post to agree to bet for money. :)

Now all we have to see is what happens in that region. The politics have clearly transformed.

14. ethics

I came on just to search for this thread and to do an honorable thing.

Oh well.

15. Sir Joseph

Thanks. I guess I still have some of that good old imaturity in me. It does come in handy sometime.

I figured I'll get the ball rolling on what's going to happen next. I will try to get my sister to submit some writing to me. She has written several stuff (never published, just distributed) about the current internal affairs of Israel. If people believe that politics here is crazy, they have something else coming.

16. ethics

Would be great to see the articles. :)