1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember the debates?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by martissimo, Jan 28, 2003.

1. martissimo

martissimo Veteran Member

One of Bush's major issues with foreign policy was that he would not allow the U.S to be involved with what he called "nation building", so in light of what we are currently doing in Afghanistan and what we will certainly be doing in Iraq if he has his way...how are we going to be paying for all of this? Not only do the military actions cost a lot, but they are truly dwarfed by the long term expenses of these nation building projects Bush vowed to avoid.

Sure it may not quite compare to "Read my lips" for outright lucidity, but in the larger picture it seems certain to have a farther reaching affect. Combine all this spending with perpetual tax cuts and a seriously tanking economy and just how large can our national debt grow?

I'm not even a Democrat and i must say that Mr. Bush is starting to worry me about the future of our country (and i havent even touched on possible long term problems he may cause with foreign relations with his current course of action!) The way he handles these next few years could very well be some of the most critical years we have faced in quite some time in my opinion.

well, didn't mean to get into a rant, and sure hope i didn't, but would be curious what others think of my opinions.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I am getting there myself, actually.

3. IamZed

IamZed ...

We will not be rebuilding any Arab nations. We want them to be pounded rubble. If they let their women wear bikinis and appear in Playboy and vote they get the rebuild bucks. That will not happen. The Arabs are simply refusing the modern world. Let them live in the old one. Without oil they would again become a silly little people.
    When I find myself treating women like that I hope I get the whirlwind thrown against me.
    They are intolerant. Fuck them.