1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember save karyn?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Misu, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Remember that stupid idiot who ran up 20 grand in credit cards and then asked the web community to pay for it - acd actually GOT the money?

Well, following in the entrepreneurial steps of Karyn comes EMMAS PARENTS...

Yes, folks - someone put up a website to help pay for the care and upbrining of a little child named Emma...

<a href="http://www.raisingemmagrace.com">http://www.raisingemmagrace.com/</a>

Have at thee...

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I am speechless.

3. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Unbelievable!!! I guess the saying "A sucker is born every minute" is true.

4. Domh

Domh Full Member

LOVELY - and capitalizing on 9/11 to boot!

These parents should be flogged.

:(

5. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

My work firewall blocks it. I will look when I get home.

6. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

I don't know if there is any truth to it, but I heard that savekaryn.com was a scam. In other words, there was no Karyn with credit card debt - just some creative web guys out for some easy money.

As for this new one...well it doesn't surprise me. I guess the child tax credit isn't enough for some people. I'm sure there will be plenty of idiots willing to donate some cash to these pathetic people though. Look at the retards who donated to savekaryn...whether she existed or not.

7. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

I sent Karyn $1.00. I even got my name listed on the "Karyn Thanks" page. I visited her website, found it humorous, and figured that anyone who has the balls to put up a website asking for for money deserves a dollar.

FWIW, I wouldn't do it again. Anyone else who puts up a similar website is a copycat. I did it one time because it was an original idea.

8. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Interesting, Frank... so you gave this girl 1 dollar because you thought it was an original idea?

I've got a friend who you could call a "cam girl" - she's got a webcam on her site, and her whole site is basically one big weblog. This girl has been getting money and gifts from several wishlists for the past 3 years or so... She's gotten things like clothing, money for a downpayment on her car, money for rent, etc. And her 16 year old sister received a playstation 2 from a wishlist that my friend posted up 1 time in a post. She's become quite popular and has been featured on a few news shows - recently her domain name got jacked by a cyber squatter who is now demanding several thousand dollars for the return of her original doman, the one which has made her so popular in the E/N scene.

In fact, I have visited tons of sites like hers, and there are girls out there that have gotten things like entertainment systems, computer systems, laptops, and money - paypal is the preffered way for these girls to get money, and amazon's wishlist is a staple in the cam girl community.

What bugged me about this particular girl, Karyn, is that she openly admitted to spending the fortune she did on extremely expensive things. Yah, I probably would have too, that's perfectly understandable - give a young woman a hot career that earns the money she was making, any girl would go crazy with the shopping. But the fact that this girl had the nerve to then go to the web community and beg, instead of take responsibility for herself, is a slap in the face to anyone who's gone through the same exact situation (ie, ME), and paid off their debt the old fashioned way - by working and paying the consequence of having my credit get screwed up.

I know a dollar isn't much, but her website was REALLY popular - and now that her debt is all paid off, she's been offered movie and book deals... wtf? What sort of movie is this going to be? She's being rewarded for being a 'descarada', which basically means a person with no shame.

9. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

I knew that when I sent the $1.00. Kind of like "anyone who is that much of an idiot and makes a website begging for money deserves a dollar". It was fun at the time.