1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember Baby Jessica who fell down the well?

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Stiofan, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I don't know if it's the girl or not. But I would like to point out that I posted it in a private forum, not open to the public, and where all had to agree before having access not to bitch about what was posted in here. So am I infer by Demi's insinuation that I or the other guys here have no class, and in the future I need to self censor my posts made in this forum, as you seem to have choosen to do Leon to keep the peace? If so, could you spell out the rules again for me, as I seem to have misunderstood them? If I need to self censor, I will begin to do so. Thanks.

2. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

I never thought you were being condemned for your posting. the anger seemed to be directed at the girl, if it IS her and her audacity.

3. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

I would always prefer to see women make something of themselves that brings them respect...but how is this something wrong...what she is doing? I mean how is it any more wrong for her, then any other woman? The audacity? She was a year and a half old. I'm sure she doesn't remember anything of the event or little if that. She's a young woman now and she's gonna want to have as close to a productive life as any other young woman would. I don't understand why she isn't allowed to do this kind of thing...but other woman are? If it's wrong...then it's wrong all over...not just for one person because they fell in a well. I feel for the guy who got depressed and killed himself but maybe he shouldn't have been in the field he was in if it got to him that badly that it killed him. I mean he should have felt sucessful. The child was rescued. It was a big happy story in the end.

4. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

I didn't say it was... i was defending a point of view ;)

5. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

This whole thing is too funny. It's not even her.
    And she didn't fall in a wishing well, she fell in a hole for god's sakes.

6. Violet1966

I don't think it's really her either.

7. LissaKay

LissaKay Oh ... Really???

I already stated my reasons WHY the pose, picture and props are offensive ... turning an event that resulted in someone's death into a tawdry peep show is disgusting.

I'm a big girl now ... I understand and accept that many, if not most, men get their kicks ogling over pictures of nude or half nude women. Fine. Knock yourself out. Just don't be fuckin' surprised when I roll my eyes.

And I now also understand that my taking offense at the sullying of a paramedic's memory in this fashion has led to further strife and argument here.

10-4. I copy Lima Charlie. I am 10-7.

8. Violet1966

Respectfull....ok let's get back on track here and if anyone would like to start a thread on this paramedics depression and death in the society and culture or solace forum, fine. In here we want to keep it light and humorous. I don't think anyone is saying this man wasn't important, and I don't think anyone should feel they might have hurt someone's feelings by posting a picture that might be controversial. For this forum to be successful, we have to lighten up and not take things so seriously all the time. I know it's hard because it's a sub forum in pretty serious forum. I understand that...but this forum is supposed to be a comic relief forum. The issues being spoken about have merit but would be better appreciated in the outer forums.

That picture has no nudity in it that I can see at least...so it can be placed alongside the posts of disgust out there. In here...we want to laugh. I do at least. Out there it's more serious. I hope we all see the difference and the need for the differences.

9. mikeky

mikeky Member

I remember seeing her on some show a while back (VH1?), and I very much doubt the above photo is her.

10. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

I remember when Timmy fell down the well and Lassie had to go get help.

11. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yah, I have the extended version of that scene with Timmy, and let me tell you, Lassie hated his guts.

12. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

You'd hate him too if he was constantly trying to hump you... Dammit!! Lassie was a he! and that dumbass Timmy never knew any better...

BDD... :{)

13. ethics

No wonder Lassie was squealing all the time.

14. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Sure that was Lassie or Timmy.

15. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Most offensive to me is the fact that you bought Lassie's spread in Stud magazine, BDD.

SM

16. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

SM, it happened to be a guest shot in "Ewe Baby" magazine... :haha:

BDD... :{)

17. hipifreq

hipifreq Resident Hippy

Well, the original baby Jessica not only had 15 reconstructive surgeries, but also lost 60% of her right foot. I'm not sure here, but it looks like the girl in the above photo has more than 40% of her foot left.

As for the scars, a good digital camera with a good digital retoucher can get rid of ANYTHING on the human body. Hmm... Maybe they could even give her that foot back....

No matter, all craziness of the use of the well and all, I AM A MAN, so I will drool over the sexy redhead if I want to! :drool:

18. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

19. ethics

Not to rez a sore topic but everyone who questioned the Mcclure spread in Stuff mag was right. That wasn't her. But this is.

Site has other "where are those kids now" type of refreshers.

20. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

:rofl: and thank you for doing so. Those timmy/lassie comments were a rip!