1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember all those Apple claims on IOS security?

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Biker, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Throw them right out the window.

Now, when I first read this, my first thought was it was nothing more than Chinese grand standing and propaganda. Now I'm not so sure. Apple hasn't been the poster child for awesome security. They've relied on security through obscurity for years. And the most recent revelations indicate that not only is Apple fully aware of these issues, they're an active participant in making it easier for their devices to be monitored.

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Of course, Apple responded:
    http://www.macworld.com/article/2456032/apple-responds-to-troubling-allegations-of-ios-backdoor.html

As the article states, this means:
    So, while not good and Apple should correct this problem, saying "throw them right out the window" in regards to their security claims is a bit dramatic.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Apple's track record when it comes to security issues has been rather dismal. Any bets that someone figures a way to get the info without being hooked up to a computer?

4. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Apple's track record on security for iOS has been "dismal"?

Compared to who?

I'm probably just clueless about it but I'd love to know. From where I sit, there is no such thing as a perfectly secure anything and Apple at least appears to be more concerned than most. At least from a malware and enterprise perspective.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member