1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refurbished little project

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Meteor Dive, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Meteor Dive

Meteor Dive Registered User

How's everyone doing? :)

Well this is a project I started on Paint Shop Pro a long while ago. Recently finished, which took me at least 2 months. Just about a week ago, I went back and added a few more things to it. But because I added a few chrome balls, it took me an extra week to redeform the the ripple layer after the ball was merged and duplicated.

As always, opinions, criiques, and. suggestions are welcome :)

2. Meteor Dive

And here we go...

3. Omar

Omar Registered User

I can not fin the right words to express my feelings looking at that. Can that be made in to a picture under my name?

Also, may I have your permission to use this as my desktop on my PC?

4. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

That is beautiful Meteor...2 months?

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

WOW!!! Just WOW!!!

6. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

That is an amazing piece of art.

7. Meteor Dive

Being that I was doing my studies college, it took longer. Still though, even I took my time, I don't think I'd finish earlier. I usually spent at least 1-4 hours each day on the image. On its initial days, the background was mainly a picture I took of a stairwell in mall. I used it started and swirled/warped it a bit. It was darkened/duplicated/ and set layers blending mode to hue, and then added a few gradients over the duplicated and set the gradient layers to color/overlay. And then masked a few parts of gradient, and finally it made about uh I can't count, but about 20-30 different selections of the original layer and placed and spread each selected/promoted around the canvas. Merged everything, duplicated the merge layer, and set atop the first gradient layer with blending options set to screen.

Everything is then merged, copied again, and I used the ripple tool to get a watery/wavy effect on the duplicated layer. Now what killed most of was deforming this layer to get get out a perspective....and man I kept on trying and trying, and it just never looked right everytime I tried. And I kept deforming, messed up, deformed again, messed up, and long continuous cycle.

8. Meteor Dive

You have permission Omar :) As for avatar use...the detail will be lost when it's shrunk. Cropping may help a bit, but most detail will still be lost.

9. Omar

Omar Registered User

Thanks but Sunriser helped with the avatar. Your image takes my breath away on my PC. :)

10. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Outstanding work Meteor Drive.

Do you plan to submit it to any of the well known digital art sites?

11. Meteor Dive

No, I don't plan on submitting to those any longer. Deviant art lost a few of my work there out of nowhere. I wasn't pleased with that. Not to mention XPtheme, with there servers breaking everytime, lost 12 of my designs. I really don't want to bother zipping, and creating thumbnails, offering bmp and jpeg. It's just tiring.

12. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

13. Paladin

Paladin Have Gun -- Will Travel

Cropped the width to 1200, upped contrast and brightness, reduced to 50x50, sharpened......

Loses a lot in the translation.....

14. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yah it does... :( But, great try, man. :)