1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rating posts

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Steve, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

I just wanted to point out to everyone that one easy way to show approval of a particular post is by clicking the "Rate" button at the lower right and then selecting "Approve".

It costs you <u>nothing</u> while, at the same time, awarding 1 GA dollar to the poster. I repeat, there is zero cost to you; your dollars are not decreased by rating another post "Approve".

So, get out there and show your appreciation for insightful, well-reasoned, or unique perspectives.

2. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Have a buck on me ;)

I have been making an effort to use the rate button more frequently and hopefully others will as well.

If the rate button is not being used as much as is intended maybe some additional motivation would do the trick.

One GA dollar for rating a post.

Five GA dollars for receiving positive rate. Minus five dollars for receiving a negative rate.

Considering prices in the thumbs up store I don't see such rewards as causing any major issues.

Just a suggestion :)

3. jamming

jamming Banned

Maybe one for two, but one for five is a little steep.

4. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Oh come on man, look at them prices in the thumbs up store ;)

5. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

I've seen you (and others) remark on this from time to time.
    So, why don't folks utilize this feature more often? 'Tis curious.
    I do use the 'rate' button quite often.

I usually don't make good posts.
    But, once in a while, someone will say; 'Damn jfcjrus, that was a pretty good observation....(or something)."
    Sometimes I want to post back....
    Ya, well, if it's so good...where's my 'buck'? (shit, I'll be 80 before I can afford anything in the store)

But, that wouldn't be polite. ;)
    Regards,

6. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Re: Re: Rating posts

Not at the rate your dollars are rising right now! :eek:

7. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Cause this little dummy didn't know it was there or what to do with it! :)

Is there a way to see if your post has been approved or disapproved without having to keep track of your dollars?

8. cdw

Never mind, I found it. AMAZING what ya can find when you go out on a limb and explore a little. :nut:

9. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

The only way I know is to click the "Rate" button for the post in question. You will see if anyone has rated it, already. Of course, you have to do this for each post in question.

I understand that GA dollars are worthless. You can't even buy a cup of coffe withone. Avatars, smilies, dollars, "trinkets", none of that stuff makes a hill of beans of difference.

Yet, most of us enjoy accumulating them. They're sort of "badges" of participation. I, for one, like to see when a post of mine has been approved (or disapproved, although not as much!). It's a little thrill of validation. It means I struck a chord, that someone really agrees with my humble opinion.

Worthless? Yes. Meaningless? Decidely not!

10. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

ROFL Stevent.

11. cdw

Ah, yes...BUT...you CAN bet on football!!! :)

12. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

That's what I'm talking about!

Which, BTW, was MY idea and none of you clowns even gave me a buck.

I feel so used.... :cry:
    LOL...

13. cdw

rofl I didn't know how to do it then.... (running to approve the post....if I can remember where it is :) )

14. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Yeah I actively use the approve/disapprove. In fact I think I've done the most disapproving and approving of anyone here...

15. cdw

well,now that I know what it is and how to do it, I'm using it alot.
    so.... there should be some big bucks building up! More for betting! :)

16. pcysmith

pcysmith Paula

Can I assume that when someone is given a disapproval rating no bucks are included?

17. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Subtracted, actually.

18. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

Um News bulletin, Ethics: The RATE button does not work at all now. I was needing to rate midranger's posts for various reasons, and I am not able to. It is 8 am Monday, now. What's the deal?
    *bows* Thanks.

19. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

1. What style are you using?

2. Do you have any blockers running for javascript and/or pop ups?

20. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

CSS skin. No blockers that I know of LOL

But, now it is working. Midranger now has more points. LOL But, as long as you mention java, that chat room thing is still crashing my whole puter, when I go to it. I will not go to it anymore until I hear from you, ok?