1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Range Extender for a Lynksys EA2700?

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Allene, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

Does anyone have suggestions for a compatible range extender for a five-year-old Lynksys EA2700 wireless router? I've been looking at the ones at NewEgg, but I'm not experienced with these devices. I'm three walls away from the router. It wasn't a problem when were were using DSL with the router, but the phone company was sucking our bandwidth to get back at our ISP (a rival of theirs). Now we have better service, but I get dropped sometimes. I'm not totally sure why I get dropped. It could also be interference from people in our neighborhood. Some are using open networks, and I don't know how many people are using them for a free ride.

Our wireless went down last Thursday evening completely. I still don't know what happened. It was still off at 10:30 a.m. on Friday when I accidentally reset the router to factory default! Everything is back to normal now, so I'm trying to keep it stable. I even wonder if Windows 10 causes some of the problems. Ugh!

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

Thanks! This is perfect!