1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick, who said this?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Stiofan, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

<b>"If Iraq fails to comply, and we fail to act, or we take some ambiguous third route which gives him yet more opportunities to develop his program of weapons of mass destruction and continue to press for the release of the sanctions and continue to ignore the solemn commitments that he made? Well, he will conclude that the international community has lost its will. He will then conclude that he can go right on and do more to rebuild an arsenal of devastating destruction.

If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow. Some day, some way, I guarantee you, he'll use the arsenal." </b>

Yes it was the champion of the Democrats, Bill Clinton in February 1998. Why are some of his biggest supporters now taking George Bush to task for saying the same thing? Now they've placed an ad in the NY Times comparing the terrorist act on 9/11 to America actions in the first Gulf war, the ouster of criminal Panama strongman Noriega and our involvement Vietnam.

"<a href="http://www.nion.us/NION.HTM">We too watched with shock the horrific events of September 11, 2001. We too mourned the thousands of innocent dead and shook our heads at the terrible scenes of carnage -- even as we recalled similar scenes in Baghdad, Panama City, and, a generation ago, Vietnam.</a>"

I can't say how much this sickens me These people should be ashamed.

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Having a party united against Bush is more important to them than having a united nation against killing Americans.

3. Domh

Domh Full Member

Quote from http://www.nion.us/nion.htm

"The government now openly prepares to wage all-out war on Iraq -- a country which has no connection to the horror of September 11. What kind of world will this become if the U.S. government has a blank check to drop commandos, assassins, and bombs wherever it wants?"

It will be continue to be the kind of world where children with no fundamental understanding of history and foreign affairs can publish senseless, baseless factually incorrect drivel like this without having to suffer a bullet in the brain.

Now please excuse me, I have to vomit.

:mad:

4. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Yeah, and amazingly (or maybe not amazingly) they left out our military actions in the Balkins and Haiti.

5. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Wow, and they're even against the war in Afghanistan? Does anyone else feel this way?

SM

6. mike

mike mesmerized

Since Clinton was mentioned here, I figured I'd past this from an email I rec'd today:

"After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and injured 1,000; President Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 and injured 200 U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in Africa, which killed 224 and injured 5,000; Clinton promised that those responsible! would be hunted down and punished.

After the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 and injured 39 U.S. sailors; Clinton promised that those responsible
    would be hunted down and punished.

Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise, an estimated 3,000 people in New York, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C. that are now
    dead would be alive today.

AN INTERESTING QUESTION:

This question was raised on a Philly radio call-in show. Without casting stones, it is a legitimate question. There are two men, both extremely wealthy. One develops relatively cheap software and gives billions of dollars to charity. The other sponsors terrorism. That being the case, why is it that the Clinton Administration spent more money chasing down Bill Gates over the past eight years than Osama bin Laden?

It is a strange turn of events. Hillary gets $8 Million for her forthcoming memoir. Bill gets about $12 Million for his memoir yet to be written. This from two people who have spent the past 8 years being unable to recall anything about past events while under oath!"

7. IamZed

IamZed ...

You mean that Sadam had a connection with 9/11? That was the only fact eluded to in that quote.

8. Domh

Domh Full Member

That specifically and the entire piece in general.

Its crap.