1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queues

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Andy, I wasn't bashing Trion, I think they did a fantastic job and it was by FAR the best MMO launch ever. At least in those I've participated in.

However, do not be lulled in to the "low" status of the pop off hours. Faeblight was "low" yesterday morning. By noon it was queued up the wazoo, I can imagine the same or worse at night when people started coming home.

Just giving people a heads up here. If you really want to play on FB, your times of playing may be dampened.

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Either I found a bug with the friends list, or there's something wrong on my end.. "Dor" will not show up in my friends list no matter how many times I add it, but I can see it when I search for it.

4. ethics

Weird... It's still new so perhaps a bug.

5. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I tried adding Stilgaard about 5 times, wouldn't show up, nor could I search for you by that name. Everyone else I was able to add.

6. ethics

Annnnnnnnnd Andy continues the good luck streak with that toon's name. ;)

7. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I had that problem with Stonehawk. Then all the sudden it was there.

8. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

OMG, I just got queued on Estreal! I'm number 47 with a 4 minute wait! :rolleyes:

9. ethics

Yeah, this is gonna be the busiest day/time of the week. :)

10. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Have you done the Fae instance? I got my group heal so I think I can do it. It would be nice to get 3 more points in my Chloro soul as I get two rezzes, one in and one out of combat. I'm out of quests in Silverwood except for the group stuff in Fae, but wanted to hold off on Gloamwood a bit longer. I guess it's time to head there and kill some spiders.

11. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

Tried to heal the Fae instance on Stonehawk this weekend (Justicar/Druid/Shaman). Wow, was that eye opening. That build may be a great support (off healer) build, but does it suck for direct healing. Rerolled a new toon (actually got in on Faeblight lol), and will be redoing my souls on Stonehawk. I think a Warden/Purifier/Sentinel build is a much better healing build, as it is healing far better than my original toon, and is 5 levels lower.

So, I will be back on Stonehawk this week, with a whole new build :)

12. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Trion is opening up 31 new servers tomorrow for release, I guess they are expecting tons more players.

13. ethics

Have had Strep for the last few days so been kinda in and out of PC land. Didn't have time to play much, sorry. :(

As for Fae, no, have not done so. Rift, looks like, will have the same issues as other MMO's, lack of tanks and healers. Before I fell in to the darkness of throat pain, I had a tank I was toying with, so will probably level him up to RoF levels and we can run it fairly easily (if we have healer and tank, dps will be easy to find). He was level 13, so another 3-5 levels is not out of the question.

Not sure if I could do it today with the sickness and launch day but... Just FYI.

14. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Man, you guys level so easily. BTW, if you do the death rifts in Gloamwood you get crazy Planar shards as a reward, and they are not that hard. I did a couple by myself by picking the baddies off, and then did some with others. I was getting about 1-10 shards in Silverwood per event, but the death rifts were giving 20-40 per event.

15. ethics

Sweet. Thanks for the tip.

16. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

My Reaver is supposedly a tank build... We'll see after I get some plate in all the slots. Seems some mobs are able to get me down on health rather quickly. Don't know if it's because I'm not doing something right, or if Reaver's really aren't tanks at all.

17. ethics

That's what my build is as well. He is AWESOME, dude. I've tested it out in Rifts and I can steal agro from anyone anytime I want. His best part is AOE agro spells. :)

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Someone in the forums created a site to track in real time the shard population levels for the last 36 hours.

Shardwatch

Looks pretty neat, click on the individual shards to see real time info.

Estrael seems to have been decent over the last 36 hours, but I still think they should have opened up a new RP server to lighten the load on them all.

19. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

ok dumb question of the day. is there any way to change the souls I have chosen? I have a stormcaller/elementist/dominator and I want to change it. And I am not talking about points in the souls.

Thanks.

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Go to a trainer and reset the soul points, then you can click on the soul icon in the soul tree page to choose another one.

You don't have to reset the points first if the soul you want to remove has ZERO points invested.