1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for the Staff

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by gretchielove, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Posts like this are evidence that I have not been making enough posts myself lately. Perhaps I should start making time to become more active once again. I can't let this misconception persist.

2. Morg

Morg The ultra-moderate

Gretch,

I was born in 1934.

I can't address the average age, but I suspect that when I go belly up, the average will drop dramatically. :dontknow:

There's one pseudo-conservative on here who pretends to be a lawyer but still lives with his mommy and daddy. :whistle:

3. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

Gretch, why the interrogation?

4. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Honestly, I'd guess a little higher. 45-ish, I'd think.

5. Copzilla

LOL! You're killing me.

6. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I was trying to be nice to you old guys. LOL

7. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Honestly Swampy, you have the social skills of a.....................lawyer. Sigh.

8. gretchielove

gretchielove Full Member

Why this is not an interrogation. I simply wanted to know what I was getting myself into. Again, I have a great deal of interest in Global Affairs, but I am very uneducated. I need to know that when I post a question about global economy and global relations ....answers are not going to be way over my head :) Oh...and I do like being called "Gretch"

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

First name Gretchen then?

10. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

First of all, welcome!

Second, don't worry about things being over your head. It is much more likely that you'll be left scratching your head at some of the responses. :)

11. Brazbit

Maybe.... or how about:
    Gretchthalemue
    Gretchmeister
    Gretcharino
    Gretchington
    Gretchalicious
    Gretchtastic
    Gretchamillion
    Susan
    Gretchadilly
    Gretcher
    Gretchinimous
    Gretchworth
    or....
    Gertrude?

12. Allene

Allene Registered User

Gretch, I was born in 1943, so I'm one of the older members. I'm not sure what you mean by being "very uneducated." I am a retired librarian with a master's degree, but I find that formal education and high intelligence don't always go hand in hand. I have met many, many people with half my formal education who are smarter than I am. The fact that you have come here to learn more tells me a lot about your intelligence level.

13. gretchielove

gretchielove Full Member

Gretchensan
    Gretchie Love
    Gretch
    Gretchie
    G-LO
    Those are all quite appropriate...Susan works too, but I am afraid that you won't get a reply...I'll just get more confused....

14. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Please excuse our village idiot resident bottom-feeder Swampy. He's like that one relative you don't talk about much. :)

I think you'll find that a lot of the folks here are very willing to explain their conclusions or thoughts pretty clearly. Certainly no one is going to jump down your throat if you ask a question about something you don't understand. We're really a pretty friendly group here.

And don't let the post counts scare you or fool you. Some of our most astute people don't post much, but when they do, it's very good.

15. Brazbit

Dang I thought I had it with Susan. Oh well....

16. ethics

LOL G-LO!!! She has a sense of humor to boot. From the angle of running a site, how did you find us in this tiny corner of the world,a and what made you post?

17. Copzilla

You totally forgot Grezbit.

18. gretchielove

gretchielove Full Member

I want to say I found the link to this site on Twitter. What made me post ? Well, currently I don't have anyone to talk to about the news on a global level. I'm a preschool teacher...what can I say ?

19. Brazbit

Hmm.... I don't know that I can live up to the level of maturity you are used to.

20. ethics

Gretch, life is an experience, you constantly learn from it. It teaches you more than any and every textbook possible. Don't underestimate yourself. I'm positive you have,much to offer, probably more than we can offer you. :)

The fact that you were not afraid to post tells me a lot already. Welcome, I sincerely hope you stay and discuss, debate, and just kickback.

1 person likes this.