1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for the Staff

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by gretchielove, Mar 1, 2011.

1. gretchielove

gretchielove Full Member

So, I am curious, do the majority of the people that post on this site attend or previously attended Tufts/Fletcher ? I didn't, but I come here so I have a better understanding of what is going on in the world.

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Nope, but I think that most of the regulars here would breeze through a Master's program at Tufts.

Mere coincidence, but a million years ago I went through grad school at Georgetown's School of Foreign Service. We used to beat the crap out of those Fletcher pansies, and the ones at SAIS, too, especially after Swamp Fox matriculated there. :D

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

What's a Masters?

Many of us here learned about the world the hard way. By traveling and experiencing shit first hand.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Thank you for the compliment. :)

The best part of this site is not mere intelligence but wisdom. Most of us folk are up there in years and hence why we relate and debate--albeit sometimes passionately -- about topics.

I would hope no one is intimidated though. I've never graduated college. :)

5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Really, it's a huge compliment.

Ironically, we've been told by former (and perhaps more educated) members that our world views are woefully inadequate. It is mildly amusing to think about their limited world experiences as their basis for this conclusion. After all, one was barely 20 years old, and probably had never enjoyed relations with the opposite sex. :pacifier:

6. Biker

That's because we're uneducated reprobates who haven't been enlightened by the existing education system.

7. mikeky

mikeky Member

Oh, you make it so tempting but must resist, must resist, must resist... [​IMG]

8. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I always suspected Leon of having more than one GA account. But I could never figure out which one it was.

Interesting that he chose "gretchielove" as the username. Very interesting indeed..... :salute:

9. Biker

It's not Leon.... He'd be breaking the laws of physics if it were indeed him.

10. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

I KNEW he was a law breaker!! :D

BDD... :{)

11. ethics

LOL... The only other acct I have is "test" for testing. Biker sees and hears all and there's NOTHING that gets past the guy on the login geo locations.

I even had to look up Fletcher. :)

12. gretchielove

gretchielove Full Member

So, tell me who is Leon ?

13. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

The resident cross dressing racist commie, known as Ethics, of which he has none. Lol, look at his post count....the man has no life.

14. ethics

85k damn... You know I have not looked at the count in a while. Scary.

15. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

It really is frightening, man. Is this what married life, kids, pressure cooker job conspire to do to a man? :)

SM

16. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

I went to its rival school, the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, class of 1989. :salute:

17. gretchielove

gretchielove Full Member

Another question what would you say the average age of your members ? Rather personal question is it not ?

18. Biker

Off hand, I don't know that answer. I could do a query, but that would only work on the accounts where the user put in the actual date for their birthday. That's not something I require as part of the registration process.

I would hazard a guess that most of the posters here are over 25 and under 100. ;)

19. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

If I had to guess, which is all it is, I would say the average age of the regular posters is probably somewhere around 35-40.

20. Arc

Arc Full Member

That's hard to say based upon our posts. Depending upon a member's mood, the topic, sometimes who their post is directed at or in reply to, and how their day is going, for instance a 40 year old could on one day post like a mature 40 year old, on another day post like a 10 year old throwing a tantrum, and finally on yet another day come up with the wisdom and eloquence of a highly educated acutely mentally sharp experienced 75 year old. :)