1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Cops...

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Jul 26, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

How many people are like this? Serious question. Like what's the ratio of idiots like this vs. normal stops and/or accident responses.

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Way way too many.

Not all of the people act like idiots JUST like this, there are varying levels and methods of someone being an idiot, but I think about 1 out of every 8 people I cross while in an official capacity (meaning I'm there to deal with them) are complete dipshits in one way or another.

Lesbians are the WORST. They always have to buck up in order to prove they're a man. Cannot rationalize with them. Often they want to go to jail and they want to fight. They also often turn nice once they're in cuffs and on the way to the slammer.

Inner city blacks are next. They START off with emotions very high. They yell about everything. It is a culture thing, but civility isn't part of it. I usually try to let them blow out their ass for a bit, just look at them as if telling them "You are making an ass out of yourself and not impressing me." If you give them an ultimatum, knock it off or go to jail, they will buck you just to be dominant and will go to jail every. single. time. They cannot accept authority, they see it as punking them down.

Then third are rich whites. They want your job. They will lie about every single thing to get revenge. They complain to IAD. They make shit up, they sue, they get ridiculously priced attorneys, and they lose their case but are happy just to make you miserable.

I carry a pocket recorder. I have for years. I win all my cases and complaints. I just have to prove that they are lying in some respect, and their credibility is shot. Game over. I haven't had a sustained complaint in 20 years. Not because I haven't pissed off plenty of people, but because they always embellish something and discredit themselves. Assholes are like that.

The easiest to deal with are illegal aliens. They're very cooperative, although they will not talk, they clam up, they will do everything you tell them to do without hesitation. Very agreeable. I actually wind up liking them usually, even though I have to arrest some on occasion or whatever, I wind up feeling bad for them because they're so nice. If only the average inner city fuckhole worked as hard and was as cooperative with authorities as illegal aliens are, they would all be successful.

Next easiest are Asians. They are always very embarrassed about authorities being needed in the first place, and just hope upon hope to get out of there with nothing written in paper.

ethics likes this.
  3. Copzilla

I once stopped a fellow, grown white man about 50 years old, with a kid in tow, on our rail system, while checking fares and writing tickets. Boring work, but whatever, it's a paycheck. Anyway, this guy was from New York, and he didn't have a transit fare. I forget where he was from exactly, but it was an upscale burb of NY, I think it was Greenhaven. I get his ID, and since he was from out of state, I figured I'd be nice and write him a warning ticket. He's sitting about 10 feet from me. He gets up after me telling him please have a seat and I'd be with him shortly, and he wants to start popping off. Do you know who I am, I'm an alderman from whatever city, and is this how we treat visitors from out of state, and he's going to call the mayor, and he's going to call my chief, and he will have my badge, etc. I asked him "You're from New York, let me ask you, if someone from out of state doesn't have mass transit fare in New York, what do you do? You being from a place that has so much mass transit, you know you're supposed to have a fare." So I proceed to write him a real ticket then.

I was recording him the entire time.

He came back and lied like a motherfucker. He said I said all sorts of shit, cussed him out, yelling, unprofessional, etc. And it so happened he was with Craig Biggio's son, on the way to a baseball game, and I had terrorized this child, and blah blah blah... I get called onto the carpet by my captain. This captain was a douche canoe who always favored the complainant.

I told my captain yes, I did stop the man and issue him a ticket, because he was being a complete tool, and his complaint was completely without merit, and the captain was to call him back and advise him that it was all on recording, and ask him did he want to withdraw his complaint in its entirety? Because my next move was going to be to call the New York media with a copy of the complaint and of the recording... Captain, being a politician and not a police officer "Oh we don't want to do THAT!!!" Me - "Oh yes, I really DO want to do that. Make the call..."

Never heard another peep on it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    ethics likes this.
  4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I love her logic that, because she had already gone through the stop sign she automatically had the right of way.. forever.

She also looks like she could score pretty decent on the autism/asbergers scale.

5. ethics

Thanks Copz. My feeling was 1 out of 10 but 1 out of 8 is worse. No wonder Cops here don't want to pull people over for not using their turn signal or some other traffic stop. The shit they get... fuck that.

Agreed about Lesbians not just from a Cops view point but life point. In the bars, on the streets, the cyclists, the dykes are the biggest douchebags.

6. Copzilla

Yesterday working overtime on transit system. I'm standing on a rail platform, innercity black guy gets off the train with a bicycle, mounts up on the bike on a crowded platform and proceeds to pedal off of the platform on his bicycle. People around.

"Sir, please walk your bike off the platform."

Ignored

"SIR."

Ignored

Grab him by his arm, tell him sternly.

"Get. off. the. bike."

Nasty look. "Why you gotta put your hands on me?"

Now I'm not being nice, I'm having to talk to him like he's an idiot, because he is. "Because you ignored me when I asked you politely. Walk your bike off the platform. THANK YOU."

He still sneering. "Naw." But he walked his bike off the platform.

Why does he have to act like that? Why did he have to take it to the point of a near confrontation? An officer asks something reasonable of you like that, and politely, you do it!

You want to know why blacks are disproportionately represented in jail, this is it.

7. ethics

I don't disagree.