1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putin tweaks Bush

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Robert Harris, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

He raises some good points. I don't think our moron -- excuse me, I meant our president -- had good answers.

Excerpts:

Putin questions whether U.S. coalition doing enough to fight terrorism
    Fri Nov 22, 8:31 PM ET

By RON FOURNIER, AP White House Correspondent

PUSHKIN, Russia - Russian President Vladimir Putin told U.S. President George W. Bush the United States should not wage war alone against Iraq, and he put Bush on the spot by questioning whether White House allies like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are doing enough to fight terrorism.

"Where has Osama bin Laden taken refuge?" the Russian said Friday in a joint news conference with Bush at an 18th century czarist castle.

"We should not forget about those who finance terrorism," Putin said, noting that 15 of the Sept. 11 terrorists were Saudi citizens. "We should not forget about that."

Putin also cited reports that bin Laden is hiding in the Afghanistans-Pakistan border region, wondering aloud whether Pakistan President Musharraf Pervez has done enough to stabilize the area.

"What can happen with armies, arms, weapons that exist in Pakistan, including weapons of mass destruction?" he said.

Full story at:
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm.../20021123/ap_wo_en_po/bush_putin_28&printer=1

2. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Musharaff and the Saudis talk the talk but should make more of an attempt to walk the walk.
    Putin does make some good points. If Bin Laden is ensconced as close to the Pakistani border as he is either Pakistan isn't making enough of an effort to nab him or we dont get to hear of the details of the efforts being made.

3. immortal one

immortal one 501st Geronimo

...or, the efforts to nab him do not hold the priority that we are led to believe they do.

If Osama is still alive, and I'm not yet convinced he is, the country that is harboring him doesn't seem to be very concerned over experiencing our wrath for providing him sanctuary and medical care.

4. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

No I'm not convinced he's alive either. It would be very easy for him to prove he is but theres no concrete proof he's still breathing.

A lot of unanswered questions here. No word, no suspected sightings. None of the usual speculation, at least not what you might expect seeing as though he is No 1 villain on the planet.