1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putin challenge to French press...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Robert Harris, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Mr. Putin certainly has some creative thoughts on how to deal with reporteres who insist on assking embarrassing questions.

Russian president Putin says Chechen rebels out to kill all non-Muslims

Canadian Press

Tuesday, November 12, 2002

BRUSSELS (AP) - The Russian president said Chechen rebels want to kill all non-Muslims and said a French reporter who questioned the Kremlin's policy in Chechnya should convert to Islam and come to Moscow for circumcision, according to a translation of Vladimir Putin's remarks that became available Tuesday.

"If you want to become an Islamic radical and have yourself circumcised, I invite you to come to Moscow. Our nation is multi-confessional, we have experts in the field," Putin said in response to a question from a reporter from the Le Monde newspaper.

Full story at:
    http://www.canada.com/news/story.asp?id={D3271C16-BE4F-43C2-AD4A-06C43E10455E}

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I have to chuckle as I can understand why national leaders would grow tired of inane questions.

3. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Putin's the man ;) I REALLY wish more world leaders would take that tack with boneheaded reporters that try their damndest to frame questions with either animosity or in a genuinely spurious manner.

4. Perry Stroika

Perry Stroika Member

I remember when he was first elected to the leadership and how people were scared that this former KGB man would tunr someway in to Uncle Joe.

It is very interesting contrast how no one was afraid when a CIA man was elected in to a even more power position.