1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putin boasts of new Russian nuclear weapons

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Andrey, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Andrey

Andrey A man who sold the world

Putin boasts of new Russian nuclear weapons

Looks attractive, I'm sure it's new breakthrough in militaries especially nuclear-engined cruise missile as well as two hypersonic types of weapons and underwater one, as to Sarmat: it is a futher development of traditional excelent ballist missile, it's not a revolution but also a big deal.

I still have not seen the Western response for T-14 Armata battletank, now taste these toys)

I understand that it's hard to show details and you have to use 3D graphics, but why it's so ugly like computer games of 90s?

We've always problems with advertizing of our weapons.

Probably US will offer us other advertising platforms like it was in Syria.

What have Obama said about red line for Asad? GFYM!
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Left Coast Fiscal Conservative

Hi Andrey, I'm glad you brought up this topic because I wanted to discuss it.

First of all I want to know why Russia claims it can't be shot down. I have a lot of confidence in the US military and I'm pretty sure they have some pretty hot anti-missile missiles. Yeah it's a cruiser so it flies at low altitude, limited radar visibility so maybe they're betting we can't hit it while it's under our radar horizon, and once we see it too little time to strike it down.

There's always mutually assured destruction and no way is Russia going to strike US or a US asset without retaliation.

That nuke powered engine, that's a biggie. I guess that's where the "unlimited range" comes in. If your range is 25,000 miles plus some left for zigs and zags then in theory you can reach any point on the Earth's surface.

The payload is of course the usual nuke of your choice, or conventional if you choose.

I've noted a decided slump in the stock market today and I've picked the announcement of this missile as the proximal cause of the markets being down. It is mainly the effect on the stock market that piqued my interest in discussion. Those stupid brainless traders spook at anything and the VIX (market volatility) is certainly up today.
  3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Oh look! Andrey is back with more propoganda.
  4. Arc

Arc Full Member

Andrey, you are back! You bring a different but always interesting perspective. One that I enjoy. Also, opinions that keep the forum lively. :)
    Allene and Susan Addams like this.
  5. dsl987

dsl987 Member

Russia attacking the US is not high on my list of things to worry about. I'm more worried about North Korea or Iran selling a terrorist group a nuke.
    Susan Addams likes this.
  6. Arc

Arc Full Member

Number one for me is are the LA Kings going to make the playoffs and do so healthy.
  7. Susan Addams

Russia attacking US is ridiculous. Russia and US getting involved in proxy wars is altogether a different thing, and a long standing practice.
  8. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

I agree. The Oligarchs of the Soviet Union/Russia are "reasonable men." They understand nuclear parity and MAD. Thus, because they wish to remain alive (and in power), they will never push the line that has the Big Red Button.

South Korea and Iran? One believes God wants them to use the weapons to carry out His Will and obliterate Israel. The other one wants to be a God himself and can only achieve His Godhood by immolating all of his citizens in nuclear fire.

That's some scary shit right there.
    Susan Addams likes this.
  9. Susan Addams

Russia isn't going to attack US or US assets. That's ridiculous. We'd launch on them if they hit one of our allies or us.

We'd launch on any country who attacked a US ally with nukes, specifically Iran and N. Korea. I'm pretty sure Russia understands this. I think Russia will control its dogs. If not, Russia is going to have some dead barkers and will have to answer the question "is it worth attacking US in retaliation for killing a mad dog?"

I'm pretty sure Russia is not that crazy to attack us back for defending our allies from mad dogs.
  10. MemphisMark

...You might want to look up how WWI started...

WWI described as a bar fight
  11. Susan Addams

They didn't have nukes in WW I. A war between US and Russia would devastate the world. In theory we could bring on nuclear winter and possibly terminate our species. There can't be anybody that crazy, not even in Russia. I don't see any way war with Russia is possible except via proxy war.
  12. MemphisMark

The Great War happened because some pissed-off Muslim Radical fuckwad decided to shoot the 3rd string heir to Austria-Hungarian throne. Things escalated from there with allies having to protect allies because of treaties, culminating in the greatest conflict man had experienced, 39 million dead, including the gassing of a half-Jewish Austrian Lieutenant who had failed out of art school. The aftermath of that conflict that was imposed on Germany led to a devastation of their economy, which enabled that failed art student to gain total control of Germany and restarted conflict.

That "little kerfuffle" lead to another 55 million dead.

This is the shit that can happen if a "proxy war" gets out of hand.
    Allene likes this.
  13. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yes, that is true. I've often thought of that chain of events.
  14. Biker

Really? And we know he was a Muslim how? Nowhere in the history books does it state what his religion was. Back it up with proof (and not from some 2 bit right wing site) or retract it.
  15. Susan Addams

I've always regarded that war as a "set-up" although I'm not sure who was the instigator.
  16. Biker

The government of Austria pretty much used the assassination as an excuse to ensure the region fell under Austrian rule. The assassination itself was the second attempt. Earlier, another Serbian nationalist had attempted to blow up their car with a bomb.
  17. MemphisMark

Occasionally the Information Superhighway in my head has a 38-car pileup due to confusing direction signs. I was thinking of another infamous assassin, who's name immediately escapes me.
  18. Susan Addams

Mahatma Ghandi?
  19. Allene

Allene Registered User

20. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Back to the original topic for a moment. The Russian government has a track record for the last 15-20 years of developing decent weapons and then not being able to afford them and deploy in any sort of numbers. This goes for recent submarines for ballistic missiles as well as the missiles, tanks, and stealth aircraft. The one area they have supposedly shined is anti aircraft missiles although they have not seen much live action.

Putin is a much smarter version of Trump. Extremely egotistical and willing to bend any laws to maintain power and satisfy his power base. But the power of law is stronger here and more likely to ensnare Trump and limit him to four years or less. I am just praying that either party comes up with a presidential contender that is, well, presidential.