1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS4 and Xbox One

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by SixofNine, Jun 12, 2013.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I don't have a dog in this hunt. We have an Xbox, but the only thing I use it for is to stream Netflix when I have been banished to the basement. But the hoopla over the Xbox One and the PS4 is generating its amusing moments, such as Sony's aggressive response to the used-game restrictions of the Xbox One.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Microsoft just got Sonyd. I mean, what the hell were they thinking?

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

They have "one size fits all" on the brain. First it was Windows 8, now it's XBox One. They want people to use the new XBox as their new multi-media center for everything.

4. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Well, I have been kicking around whether to go with Xbox One or PS4. This really nails it down for me, not that I can't handle MS's brand of software licensing, but I don't want to reward bad company practices. Start treating customers like shit, I jump ship at the start. Sometimes as a consumer it's about sending a message.

5. Biker

Rumor has it MS has done a complete 180 on XBox One.

6. Biker

7. ethics

I am shocked that there are people who are "YES!" and "I WILL BUY IT NOW!"

Just sad.

I mean, MS said that they COULDN'T reverse this, it was part of the build and now all of a sudden? Because PS4 will NOT be like their overseeing crap? What is the guarantee that MS will NOT revert to their previous policy?

8. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

None, which is why I will still buy PS4. Screw Sony, I mean, Microsoft.

9. ethics

Exactly.